MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why hasn't anyone produced functional fender flares for the spyder already? I know that race shop Rogue over the pond has but they aren't willing to sell unless you want them to race prep your spyder probably.

Are there any other options other than universal ones on ebay? Has anyone tried to make their own or tried fitting those universal ones? Has anyone cut their fenders yet?

·
Registered
365 Posts
XxTACTIKZxX has a job as a custom fender roller/puller (DFRStanceTech) he hasn't done any work on his spyder but might have a good idea on what fenders to use

Sent from my phone using an app, for more information, contact Oldman

·
Registered
682 Posts
Why hasn't anyone produced functional fender flares for the spyder already? I know that race shop Rogue over the pond has but they aren't willing to sell unless you want them to race prep your spyder probably.

Are there any other options other than universal ones on ebay? Has anyone tried to make their own or tried fitting those universal ones? Has anyone cut their fenders yet?
Rogue do send to private customers, i was thinking about using the fenders they offer and got a quote but i never bought them cuz i went another direction on my new prodject, if i don´t remember wrong they were 350 GPB not including VAT (20%) and no shipping, not sure if they maybe don´t sell to the U.S for some reason but they were willing to ship to me ( Sweden )

how wide are you planing on going? (tires/offset/wheels)

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Might check MR2OC here in the states. I was at the NorCal MR2 Meet in Half Moon Bay last summer and there was a fellow there showing some fiberglass fender flairs that he had made for the MR2 and I think he was was wanting to market them. I don't know how accurate my memory is on this matter, but it might be a place to start if you are really serious about finding something like that.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rogue's reply email was that it was not an item they sold, shipping never even came up. Maybe they've since gotten more interest and decided to make them and sell. Shipping could be a killer.

I just want an extra inch or two. Nothing crazy.

Uncle Mush - did they look any good? I'll have to go over there and dig around.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think the best way to do this is to figure out what tire and wheels/offset you want to run, then see if you can manage without a flare and just roll the fenders to the max or build a flare? there are som real nice guides on youtube on how to build your own flare, much nicer to have something unique ;P

·
Registered
682 Posts
Are these the flares they quoted you that price on Ikrana? I love this spyder.

yeah that the ones.
they look really nice, but i really wanted a flare that i could use rivets on and since these don´t have the holes for them it would not look the way i wanted, these are better molded to the car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I will have a spare set of fenders maybe I'll make some. ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have tired contacting Rouge multiple times with zero reply. It seems like they just don't care. I really want their flared setup. Getting them stateside is not going to cost much but they just don't seem to care. Maybe MikeV can help us get a few of these sets. I think the reason they don't really "sell" this as a kit is that it's a generic fender flare that gets lots of body work so it's not a true "bolt" on application. Stateside to get these flares done right will require a full body respray and some more yet cheaper then a wide body kit. Yet it's still going to be about 3k low end for this kind of work.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
My summer project is to cut some ebay ones to fit and make molds.

Another option is to run the rear DAMD flares on both ends. Silversprint is doing that.

·
Registered
682 Posts
what about like this

As far as i know these are not for sale :(
i have been trying to get these but it seems that Spirit does not sell them ?

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I would throw down cash in a heart beat for a set of flares like this. I've honestly been thinking about making my own. First molding them up and fitting them to the car in sculpting foam and then laying fiberglass over them when I am happy with the size and shape.

·
Registered
698 Posts
1 - 20 of 290 Posts
About this Discussion
289 Replies
80 Participants
RickS
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing