MR2 SpyderChat banner

281 - 290 of 290 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,155 Posts
Well call these ChaseClinchedFlares....these are the 10cm new school flares

15x11+20 w/ 275/35/15 hoosiers. 25mm spacer front and rear. Ive decided to run 5mm front spacer instead. This tire wheel size requires trimming/welding of the existing pinch welds.

They also sell a 7cm and a 4cm flare this same style. The 4cm would prolly be close to stock so that wont do any good. I imagine the 7cm is what most people will opt for.

clinchedflares.com

I was waiting for this post

·
Registered
6,967 Posts

15x11+20 w/ 275/35/15 hoosiers. 25mm spacer front and rear. Ive decided to run 5mm front spacer instead. This tire wheel size requires trimming/welding of the existing pinch welds.

They also sell a 7cm and a 4cm flare this same style. The 4cm would prolly be close to stock so that wont do any good. I imagine the 7cm is what most people will opt for.

clinchedflares.com

Sexy. Got any more pics?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looking good Kseriespower :D

·
Banned
193 Posts

clinchedflares.com

What size tires would work good using these in the 7cm size with 15x9 +20 or +36 wheels?

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
What size tires would work good using these in the 7cm size with 15x9 +20 or +36 wheels?
Your getting these in the 7cm size? I was thinking of getting them too. Please take some pics from all angles when you get them, even if just held on by tape. :biggrin-new: Imo, you should get the 20 offset versus the +36. Could probably go even lower depending on tire stretch. Best thing to do is get the flares first and then measure and see for yourself what size wheel/offset you would like it to end up at.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Your getting these in the 7cm size? I was thinking of getting them too. Please take some pics from all angles when you get them, even if just held on by tape. :biggrin-new: Imo, you should get the 20 offset versus the +36. Could probably go even lower depending on tire stretch. Best thing to do is get the flares first and then measure and see for yourself what size wheel/offset you would like it to end up at.
I can't get the x9 in +20 or lower so I am going 15x8 et20 with 25mm spacers front and rear. I guess I will stick with 205 50 tires but am thinking of going 225 50 if they will fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Always a fan of fenderflare debates. It has been a long time and nobody has brought this picture back for some time. I thought I would just stir the pot a little. Enjoy.

I am so in love with this car. Does anybody know more about it? Are those 17" or 18" wheels? Thx

281 - 290 of 290 Posts
About this Discussion
289 Replies
80 Participants
RickS
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing