MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting to introduce myself and see if there are many MR 2 owners in Minnesota! I’ve never seen one on the road up here but I’m hoping.

I’ve always been a small car guy, I learned to drive in a 5-speed 90s Honda Accord(not tiny for its time but compared to most cars today), and got to enjoy a 6-speed 00s Mini Cooper occasionally. I’m also into Jeep Cherokee XJs but that’s a story for another time.

I’ve had a soft spot for the MR 2 Spyder for years, but I’m finally at a place in my life where I can make it a reality. Girlfriend has long decreed no motorcycles, but took the MR 2 desire in stride. Even when I admitted that it doesn’t have a trunk! Kids aren’t in the plans for a few more years, and I just finished my Biomedical Engineering degree after many years, so once I’ve got a new job I’ll be jumping in an MR 2 in short order!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just letting you know there arenplenty of other girls out there. If it is a motorcycle you want then go get one and remind her of that (coming from a guy who rides 350 or so days a year and who bought a replacement bike when still unable to walk after getting hit by a drunk)?.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my Spyder from a fellow in MSP who was very active in MAC, and now it lives in Madison, so they DO exist out your way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve made plenty of icy mistakes already, the XJ has a very different weight distribution but is quite torquey and loves to spin when in RWD. Gotta love finding yourself the wrong way on an on-ramp.
If I decide to keep driving it during the winter I will certainly get winter wheels and snow tires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just posting to introduce myself and see if there are many MR 2 owners in Minnesota! I’ve never seen one on the road up here but I’m hoping.

I’ve always been a small car guy, I learned to drive in a 5-speed 90s Honda Accord(not tiny for its time but compared to most cars today), and got to enjoy a 6-speed 00s Mini Cooper occasionally. I’m also into Jeep Cherokee XJs but that’s a story for another time.

I’ve had a soft spot for the MR 2 Spyder for years, but I’m finally at a place in my life where I can make it a reality. Girlfriend has long decreed no motorcycles, but took the MR 2 desire in stride. Even when I admitted that it doesn’t have a trunk! Kids aren’t in the plans for a few more years, and I just finished my Biomedical Engineering degree after many years, so once I’ve got a new job I’ll be jumping in an MR 2 in short order!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not in Minnesota, but in CA. Be careful about the SMT, while it makes it extra fun to drive it's expensive to fix. So buyer beware, get the 5 speed.

·
Registered
1 Posts

There is one, at least today, as I am visiting my son. Although we normally reside in PA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts