MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nearing the final planning stages for a swap to a 2ZZ-GE and 6 Speed tranny.

There is nothing wrong with the 1ZZ and 5 Speed that is in my 2000 Spyder. It has just under 63K on the clock, uses no oil between oil changes (3K), does not smoke, does not leak and the transmission shift smooth and quiet with the exception of a squeak when the clutch peddle is depressed and released due to needing lube at the pivot in the bellhousing. IN fact it runs so good that I am really questioning the wisdom of switching it out but I bought the Spyder with the intent of getting a 2ZZ.

Once the swap is complete I will be selling both the engine and trans. I am condidering an asking price of $600 for the transmission (no LSD) and $950 for the motor or $1500 for the package. Fair price?

The motor and transmission are still in the car and can be heard or seen by anyone that is interested. I am in Northeastern Ohio. The only parts that would be missing are those that are needed for the swap such as fuel rail, idler pulley, serpentine belt, wiring harness etc.

I would ship at buyers expense.

Anyone that might be interested post here our shoot me a PM with an offer.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To answer some of the questions I am getting: The motor will be in the car until the last weekend in April when the swap is tentatively scheduled. It may be seen and heard running up until the time it is removed. I have had a few people express interest and one person who may come see the engine perform in the car prior to removal.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can check into that tomorrow but I would imagine that is going to be very expensive.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like motor and trans are spoken for and will be picked up as soon as they come out of the car. Thanks to everyone for their interest. If anything changes I will update this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts