MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Per the title, gauging interest. I do not have the parts uninstalled yet for buyers. These are coming off of a 2005 MR-S rear clip from Japan, with approx. 20-25k/mi (yes, mi, not km). Yes, the importer claims this is the actual mileage - I cannot vouch for the validity, however, everything in the engine bay is sparkling, completely stock, and the PO appears to have spent a good deal of money on the exterior re-paint. I would be surprised to find that the car had much more mileage on it before being parted.

- '05 tail lights - great shape
- '05 rear bumper inserts - one side is missing the small inner insert part - non-OEM green color (nice, but it will likely clash with your paint :))
- '05 side vents, great shape - same crazy green as above
- power antenna assembly - I need to check the wiring on this - I'm not sure if the lead got chopped or otherwise (pardon my jargon, I have a manual antenna, myself!)

- '05 "JDM" ECU for 6 M/T (non-SMT) - ECU only. I'm not aware of what's needed to make actual use of it.
- '05 OEM softtop, complete
- rear brake light "cover," - think Dev's & mrSonly's brake light covers, only completely form fitting to the light all the way around (obscures it entirely) - crazy green color. Not sure if I will be able to remove it safely, so, pending intact removal!
- '05 interior rear bin doors, trays
- '05 OEM cat - pending inspection once uninstalled
- '05 OEM exhaust mani w/ precats - also pending inspection once uninstalled
- rear bumper support beam
- misc rear OEM underbody bits incl. hubs, links, arms, etc... (no diaper, I don't think)

'00 Parts

1zz, 140k-ish miles, oil consumption through the roof since I've owned it (nearly 3 yr), will compression test before pulling. I *assume* ring failure. I can sell for scrap, possibly. I wouldn't wanna stick anyone with this engine unless you are dead set on a 1zz rebuild for some reason - in which case, you can have it for cheep (like the budgie).

5 M/T, 140k-ish miles, same as above, changed the fluid last at initial post-purchase tune up. Non-LSD. Shifts well, no issues that I am aware of. Not sure if clutch was ever changed out in its lifetime, though what is installed now is fine, no hints of slipping or anything.

Misc engine bay bits - I'll be transferring whatever I can from the '05, so any bits and bobs from the '00 that are swapped out are up for grabs

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
I know where you got that from. I asked the guy if he would part the brake light cover but he never responded. I found another pic of one and it looks like you remove the brake light and its just clipped on. PM me what you think you'd want for it.

And the color change and other goodies that were on it (i know what youre keeping :p) made me suspect it might have been a Toyota test car....but that was just a SWAG.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I know where you got that from. I asked the guy if he would part the brake light cover but he never responded. I found another pic of one and it looks like you remove the brake light and its just clipped on. PM me what you think you'd want for it.

And the color change and other goodies that were on it (i know what youre keeping :p) made me suspect it might have been a Toyota test car....but that was just a SWAG.
LOL ("I know where you got that from"). It's very clean, and I'm pretty happy! Of course, the final verdict will come with the installation of the engine & trans. The only sad bits were that I couldn't have seen the car before it got chopped - I would have begged them to save the TRD kit in total! Also, the edge of the exhaust sliced into the rear lip, which is a bit sad, though I had planned on it being either my primary or spare as I already have one.

Edit - half a sideskirt - yes, I think I might've gotten a little sniffly.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
PMed everyone who sent me something (a few of you posted here & PMed, too).

If you can, be a bit patient please, guys! :blush: Not that I don't expect you to be, but it's crazy busy for me this weekend (my b-day and a buncha stuff), so I have yet to begin (plus, I just got the clip yesterday afternoon). I've also got a bunch going on at work with organizational changes within the next few weeks, not to excuse myself, and I'll be working most Sats for a bit.

Lastly, I don't want to promise you all sparkly clean, perfect goodness if it ain't so! So I'll be a bit carefully removing and inspecting things for your in-depth buying consideration. :)

I'll keep you all updated! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.