MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Galo's 2013 Indiana Duecentotrenta Miglia"...

Yes, I'm back and so is the Indiana Meet! It WILL go on Saturday, June1, 2013. I will be posting the info in the next day or so, maybe sooner.
I hope many people will take part in this as it is a great day being with other people, sharing a love of their car(s) and the time with other people/FRIENDS... JFC, that was sappy as hell, wasn't it...

Seriously, I will be posting the meet/route info ASAP.

And here it is;

Ok, I'm doing this WAY early as some people need to "ask" for vacation and day-off time early. The 2013 meet will be held Saturday, June 1, 2013. I will NOT change the date this time as it wasn't fair to my wife to miss the '12 version due to the date change. So, I am copying post #1 from the '12 meet thread since the '13 version will be the same, other than the breakfast location, which will be The Putnam Inn.

I'm posting this here and now to give a bit of a heads-up. We will do the long version this year, but if anyone isn't up to the extra time/distance, they can let me know and join in at another location on the route.

Breakfast will be in Greencastle IN(The Putnam Inn) from 8AM to 9:45AM with a short meeting from 9:45 to 10.

Start drive at 10AM sharp; PLEASE gas you car before we start and have as full a tank as possible.

A 15 min. break will be in Bedford.

Lunch will be at the Story Inn.

We will reverse the route for the return trip to Greencastle with another break in Bedford.

Supper/dinner on return to Greencastle(probably Almost Home).

Here is the link to Google Maps(starting/ending points to be determined); '12 Indiana SLK Meet - Google Maps

I will change the name to the '13 meet in due time. This meet will be open to SLK's(all versions) and MR2's(all versions). Tibbett is the only SLK-er who has done this long version and can verify the fun-ness of the roads, but it is a great group of roads and eating joints.

Sign-up;
1. Galo + wife
2. Prophet mmviii
3. phattires
4. Drakew + wife
5. hokiemule (likely)
6. xbiker(maybe)
7. ncn (80% maybe likely)

·
Registered
747 Posts
So good to hear from Galo! I hope to join you, the one time I went, must have been in 2009 or 2010, had a great time, so many nice folks, and the roads were excellent for spirited driving! Things have changed for me though, I am driving this now, am fairly confident that it will hang with all the Spyders!! Will miss having the top down!!

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Sounds like fun and right around my birthday. That would be quite a drive for me from way down here. But it would be nice to visit with you guys again. Depending on timing, I'll see if I get clearance from the boss (wife) to drive the FR-S up for the meet. It's much more comfortable for a long drive. Did that statement make me sound old? hahaha.

Anyway, I appreciate the long notice. I am a fan of that myself since it lets people like me plan for it. I will update once I know for sure.

On a side note, what forums or other areas are you hanging out at these days?

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
msc, it was '09, and this is a MUCH better day of meetin', eatin' and drivin'. x, T and others have done this route and will tell ya' it's a blast; great roads and food(mmmm, foooood:spam:). We hope to see you!

LT, I read your post "over there" and again, hope you can make it(I'll make sure you get a b-day cup-cake)!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... and msc, you AND your Mini are more than welcome to join in on the funB)

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love for him to attend. With a date this far away we should be able to make it happen.
Well, what could be better than x & xJr!?!?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am a definite maybe. Greencastle is not terribly far from Cincinnati...I might split off around the turn around point and hit backroads back to cincy if any other Cincy folks would like to join/follow.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hello all of spyderchat! New member/mk3 owner here! I have family in the Warsaw/Syracuse area and looking for easiest route to greencastle. Will probably master 5 speed but just to be sure.....(second car and first is 4cy. Camry auto). Google maps says to head over to Lafayette and go to Greencastle from there. Any objections? Kinda want to avoid heavy traffic if possible. Would love to be there if its okay with everyone!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hello all of spyderchat! New member/mk3 owner here! I have family in the Warsaw/Syracuse area and looking for easiest route to greencastle. Will probably master 5 speed but just to be sure.....(this is my second car and first is 4cyl. Camry auto). Google maps says to head over to Lafayette and go to Greencastle from there. Any objections? Kinda want to avoid heavy traffic if possible. Would love to be there if its okay with everyone!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am a definite maybe. Greencastle is not terribly far from Cincinnati...I might split off around the turn around point and hit backroads back to cincy if any other Cincy folks would like to join/follow.
Definite maybes are ok :) ... and no problem splitting at lunch!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for double post. Just tried to edit and iPad screwed up. :facepalmiftherisone:
No problem! I'll look at a map when I get home and figure something out. We'd be glad to have you join us!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Much appreciated! And that should give my lazy *** plenty of time to replace the timing chain as well as install new intake and exhaust. Hopefully I will have worn the tires down enough to justify replacing them so I can go with BFG G-Force Super Sports all around (195/55/15 & 205/50/15). Can't wait for that!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
P m, the most straight forward route would be go West to 31, then South to I465, West to US36/Rockville Rd, West to US231, then South to Greencastle.

The fastest might be go East to I69, South to I465, West on I465 to US36/Rockville Rd, then West to US231, then South to Greencastle. If you're familiar with Marion, get there, then drive South on 37 to I69 to I465. Then West on I465 to US36/Rockville Rd, then West to US231, then South to Greencastle.

And I hate to tell you this, but those tires don't come in the 195/55-15 size, at least not at TireRack(per their site).

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thanks Galo! I will look over those routes later on as we get closer to the date. The G-Force Supersports I'm going with are the A/S's they are available on tire rack and, more importantly, SAMs club where I work. I'm going with these because I can get mileage warranties on them as well as road hazard AND I have helped train about half of our techs in the tire dept. so I know I'm gonna get it done right ;) thanks again for the info. I am eagerly looking forward to my first car meet!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Super! I was going by the listing on TR's site, but since you work at SC and that probably means a good price AND availability, go for it!!!

Again, we hope to see you at The Meet... also, I know I'll probably be driving to Marion sometime before the meet, maybe we can meet-up there. I'll let you know when I DO get up there.

Enjoy!!!

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
I was surprised to find out that it would be more than a six hour drive for me to attend this meet. With any luck, by June I will have relocated south but if I am still around and this does not conflict with a Mid-Ohio race then I may make the drive.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts