MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a gap between the side of the bumper and the fender on both sides of my car. I searched through the forums to see if there was a way to fix/adjust this but had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
easily rectified....this is known as frunk gap.
#1 open bonnet
#2 remove fasteners to bumpercover
#3 add spacers (rubber or metal (i prefer rubber) ) between bumpercover and metal frame.
#4 replace fasteners
#5 close bonnet

DONE

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
easily rectified....this is know as frunk gap.
#1 open bonnet
#2 remove fasteners to bumpercover
#3 add spacers (rubber or metal (i prefer rubber) ) between bumpercover and metal frame.
#4 replace fasteners
#5 close bonnet
DONE
Agreed. That side of the bumper sits/clips on a little metal shelf attached to the frame. That shelf can be bent higher too. Or perhaps when the bumper was last installed it slipped under the shelf, instead of on top. (This happens in bed too: things can accidentally go bottom-shelf when they should have gone-top shelf).

All you need to do is pull back the wheel well liner to access one bolt. The bolt is at the left most part in your picture. After that you can snap the bumper off the shelf (it has a pressure clip) and and adjust.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
The OP is referring to the gap between the side of the bumper skin and the fender. You may have loose, worn or missing fasteners in that area. Replacing those and doing the frunk gap repair described above will likely be the ticket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts