MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have oil pressure, water temp. and amp gauges installed in their Spyder? I used to install this trio in all of my cars. The more I think about it, I think I would like to install some in my Spyder. I just like being able to see what the actual pressure, temp, etc. is and not have any doubts about what is going on. I think I would have a little more peace of mind.

I've installed gauges in many cars over the years, but never a Spyder. Some of you guys, or even gals, who have done this tell me how much of a headache it's going to be. I'd like to keep the factory gauges and lights working, just add my own, if that's possible.

I'm primarily interested in the oil pressure and temperature gauges, not so much the amps as that's not usually a car killer, unless something shorts out and burns down your car. :lol:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I installed the gauges by myself and save $200 on installation. Just need the sandwich for the oil tem/press, get a fuse adapter to get the power from the fuse box inside the car to install the volt gauge and for the water temp a adapter that goes on the radiator hose to install the sender.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the gauges by myself and save $200 on installation. Just need the sandwich for the oil tem/press, get a fuse adapter to get the power from the fuse box inside the car to install the volt gauge and for the water temp a adapter that goes on the radiator hose to install the sender.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts