MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my Spyder. In full disclosure, the car has been parked for about 12 months now and started occasionally. Before winding up there, it was driven fairly regularly. The car has a number of mods, but also needs work. I think it has about 75k miles on it.

Mods:
B&M Shifter
High and Tight Endlinks
Cusco Breast Plate
Che Header
High-flow cat Downpipe
Team Moon Dual Exhausts
BC Coilovers

Work needed:
Top is worn and probably needs to be replaced
Needs brakes; probably just pads
Needs engine hatch cable
Various minor dings
Exhaust system may need work (I think one of the seals needs to be reconnected)
Full tune up from sitting

Let me know if anyone is interested, or if you have any idea what I might get for a car in this condition. Living in the city now and it just doesn't seem like I can drive the Spyder any more.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Let me know if anyone is interested, or if you have any idea what I might get for a car in this condition. Living in the city now and it just doesn't seem like I can drive the Spyder any more.
Brian - You've invested in some nice, tasteful modifications but, by your own admission, the car needs a little bit of TLC. Also, consider that, in this region, convertibles take a big hit to their value during the winter. Sight unseen, in the condition described and at this time of year.. I'd have to say anywhere between $6000 and $7000 feels 'right'..

How anxious are you to get rid of the car? If you are patient enough to hold onto it until the mid to late Spring and/or take care of some of the minor issues, you'll definitely do better on the price.

Rich

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Brian,

I may be interested in your spyder. Can you provide some more info regarding the damages from the accident, how bad was it? Do you have pictures? What is the actual mileage, I see 80K in the forum? How bad is the top, does it keep dry? Can you see where the exhaust is leaking?

You can reach me at dutchmaster2001 at hotmail dot com

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts