MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
groupbuy starts today:

VIS TRD replica front lip for 2000-2002 (Fiberglass)

$160-Shipped ( COntinental USA only)

VIS 2003-2005 LIp (CLOSED) (Fiberglass)

$195-Shipped (Continental USA ONLY)

Alaska and Hawaii extra shipping.

If 5 people that get in on each lip price goes down another $10. See pricing below.

1-5 buyers- original price
6-10 buyers - -$10
10-15 buyers - $10($20 total off now)
16+ will still stay at above cost^"

GroupBuys in 10 days! 3/9/2012

2000-2002
http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/popup_image.php?pID=9500&image=0

2003-2005
http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/popup_image.php?pID=9489&image=0

Update: 3/6/12

We have contacted VIS about inventory and this is the response we received. I will let people know if they can't find the 00-02 lips:

"Hey! I have 7 of the 2nd gen ones and exactly 5 of the 1st gen BUT I called in and had them pulled aside for me, now they are "missing." I have the 2nd gen ones but We are trying to figure out what happened to the first gen batch. As for shipping I can ship all of them in one day as soon as I receive payment in full for all of them."

Buyer List:

00-02
1)96maniac
2)solennel
3)fuz16

03-05
1)Silversprint (paid)
2)GTs*Jason (paid)
3)dpottspyder (pending)
4)sok07 (Paid)
5)Ava-MR2.Spyder
6)v88dx (paid)
7)MR3 (paid)

·
Registered
643 Posts
already got a front lip, but if you can get together a group buy for gel/uv coated carbon fiber TRD style sideskirts with very reasonable prices, count me in as 1. ^_^

·
Registered
643 Posts
i also think if you add "paint" as an option to your lip group-buy you'd get more piqued interests here. no one ever really sells painted ready-to-install front lips, side skirts, or rear skirts. you can pocket a reasonable margin premium and make a much more saleable product.

i for one am discouraged buying a 'raw' unpainted body part and am willing to wait until someone runs with this idea.

just look at cosmin... he requested peacock (teal sp?) green for his coilovers :lol:

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These ship straight from VIS. I don't like to do prepainted parts. It's hard to match people cars and there is risk of damaged/scratched paint during shipping.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
This is a heck of a deal, I paid much more for mine. Fitment is good and they are built good. Only if this had been 4 months ago:(

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got some actual pictures of both lips. I will post later.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I can speak for the quality of the actual lip. I originally had an Erebuni Front lip and it got busted and then I got a VIS(think i paid $250 shipped) and the quality and fitment was SOOO much better.

If i had the spare cash i would get another just as a spare.....but i dont :(

And as Silversprint said, everyones cars are exposed to the sun and faded in different amounts. So the colors wouldnt be matching as perfectly as if you had a local shop paint it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
would definitely get it if you can get carbon fiber sideskirts.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Meaningless comment but if I'm doing my math right, 80 people order and we get it free for '00-'02

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meaningless comment but if I'm doing my math right, 80 people order and we get it free for '00-'02
Yea maybe I should fix that.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Anyone have pics of it installed on an '03?

I know silver said he'll post pics, but here's mine.

and..painted.

It's a great looking lip. :) Awesome price, makes me want to get another one for back up.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hmm...on the fence right now because my Spyder is still in the shop. Would I be able to get one for $160 shipped later?

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Price shipped is for 48 continental US states only.

Pm if you like shipping to elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts