MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Anything is possible, but it would require a good bit of electronics work to change from an LCD to an LED display. Along the lines of "If you have to ask, you can't do it."

Literally, play it by ear.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Is it possible to replace the LCD with a LED - Can't see the display when I have polarized glasses on and the top down.
You're talking about on an SMT? Negative. Or at least negative to anyone without a major electronics background. The LCD contains a failsafe that sends an error if it detects that it isn't working. It would be alot easier to run an 'an always on' wire in place of the 'only when the nighttime lights are turned on" to keep the illumination on.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
If you have an SMT, and the Only thing you are complaining about is the Visibility of the Gear Display.. Your doing Good..

Don't piss of the SMT Gods.. they are NOT very forgiving..

Cap

·
Registered
698 Posts
I hear they make standard glass lenses that work well. I am not a fan of polarized glasses because so many things are polarized now its just annoying. never have liked them never will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.