MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am trying to get information on a couple of issues:

1. How hard will it be for me to swap my Power Antenna for a Stubby Antenna? I have limited knowledge or experience with cars etc. However will swapping my retractable with a stubby affect my radio reception??

2. Does anyone know where I can buy a driver and passenger interior sun visor with all the necessary screws to attach it etc?

I have been trying to get these for a long time but often over priced from Toyota Australia

3. Does anyone know where I can buy a Cold Air Intake pipe? The hose that connects the air intake to the air filter box? I believe it's like an elbow shape pipe and sits under the radiator coolant reservoir

Thank you

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hi All,

2. Does anyone know where I can buy a driver and passenger interior sun visor with all the necessary screws to attach it etc?

I have been trying to get these for a long time but often over priced from Toyota Australia

3. Does anyone know where I can buy a Cold Air Intake pipe? The hose that connects the air intake to the air filter box? I believe it's like an elbow shape pipe and sits under the radiator coolant reservoir

Thank you
I have both sun visors with screws in perfect shape if you are interested. The air tube you are talking about is the one that is inside of the fender, you are looking for the stock one or an aftermarket?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have both sun visors with screws in perfect shape if you are interested. The air tube you are talking about is the one that is inside of the fender, you are looking for the stock one or an aftermarket?
Hi, How much are you asking for the Visors with all bits included? Just confirming that these are the ones for the 2000 MRS? I have not seen them before but I believe they should have a slight bend on the end?

Also, the air tube I am referring to is inside the engine bay. Mine sits under the radiator overflow container and it it used to guide the air that comes in from the side air vent into the air filter box. Sorry I dont know the technical term. I do believe that the pipe is about 100mm in diameter? Does that sound right? OEM of after market is fine as long as it fits perfectly

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
1. How hard will it be for me to swap my Power Antenna for a Stubby Antenna? I have limited knowledge or experience with cars etc. However will swapping my retractable with a stubby affect my radio reception??
TakubanMotorsports, operated by Lord Takuban on this forum, sells a kit that provides everything you need (including instructions) to swap from the power antenna to the stubby antenna. He could probably provide you with the instructions if you wanted to understand what is required before you buy. The reception with the stubby antenna will be somewhat worse than with the full-size antenna, but most people are swapping in the interest of form rather than function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts