MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced my OS sensor twice now. First I figure it was a wrong or bad sensor. I made sure to get the correct OS and that fixed it until today ( 6 months I think or so later ). What could be eating this sensor up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I spoke a bit ahead of myself. I know there are three and I know PO155 is the left O2s. Yes the last buy was plug and prey. Both of my sensors on the manifold were damaged and I was getting a 135 but I have not seen that since the first replacement. The 155 just keeps coming back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda like so...

Clutch change... Idiot mech. ripped both out ( I found out when I got home ). I dont recall the incident well but needless to say I decided to fix them on my own.

Replaced both with cheep cut and splice. No code for a month or so then 155/135. Now I will admin I didnt do anything about it for a good long time, I think they were miss wired. I did try a few replacement crimp jobs but the wire was getting too short.

Replaced them both with plug and preys. fixed the issue for about 6 months and just the 155 came back. I made sure to put this one in carefully as someone mentioned that on here.

So I guess its a mystery huh?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe not when you say ripped is it possible that damage was done to the left bank harness such that the signals are not reading correctly? I certainly do not know enough to understand how a short or misfiring could affect an O2 sensor
I would agree but not when it takes up to 6 months to fail, ya know? I may buy one more, thx for the thoughts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have not seen any other posts about O2 sensors, similar to your situation. What makes your history different is the "ripped out" sensors. It is esy to have problems with a spliced wire in that extremely hot area. the splices, and the connection to the wire harnes is where I would investigate very thoroughly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts