MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved to Oregon from Ohio in 2016 and haven't been able to get my 2011 Spyder out here. I have to get it here as I believe that it is not being taken care of. It has been stored mostly outdoors from what I understand. I might be able to drive it back, and I would need to find a good mechanic to look it over for anything that looks like it might not make it across the country. I have been stressing about the MR2 for a while and just remembered SpyderChat! I haven't been on here since 2016, but I am hoping that you'll pass along any thoughts or ideas, wild or crazy, you might have for me. Thanks, DMiller1000

·
Registered
46 Posts
Shipping in an open trailer was cheaper than I had thought. I moved from NYC to Seattle 3 years ago and finally got my old Celica shipped cross country for about $2400. Versus a week of time plus gas+tolls+hotels to drive it cross country: it was just easier and cheaper that way...

Unless the car is special to you, modded, or hard to find/replace, it makes sense to sell and buy again in Oregon:. We don't have Rusty cars in the PNW so that's one huge plus....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Here are my notes from shipping a car across country a few years ago. If you decide to ship it, some helpful tips.

https://www.spyderchat.com/threads/auto-transport-company.51225/post-852944

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Fly back and drive it home. It will make it. It's a Toyota.
This is what I would do. Or sell it and buy another one.

For the price you pay to ship it, you'd be better off making a road rip out of it. At least you can be there when it has a problem instead of hearing a story about why it fell off a trailer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
DMiller1000
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing