MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
wow why people does 2zz swamp, turbo o supercharger :lol:, 60more hp to a 130hp stock 1zz is 190 with stock exhaust and intake!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>.<

Unfortunately I have a Sequential Shift Tranny so a motor swap, turbo, supercharger is out of the question. Was looking for a little help.

·
Super Moderator
3,155 Posts
This thing they call a "chip" isnt even that. Its a resistor in a box. It will alter fuel and ignition tables in the ecu by providing it consistant false data. Your gains that it might provide will not be consistant, nor impressive. You will most likely lose power and fuel economy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Unfortunately I have a Sequential Shift Tranny so a motor swap, turbo, supercharger is out of the question. Was looking for a little help.
Where did you hear that you cant do any of the above? Go turbo and run a piggy back. Find a supercharger kit. Swap a 2zz and figure out how to get rid of the CEL. Of course doing any of these will require a pretty good deal of money. If you want just little gains for little money go for intake and exhaust system. I think if put lots of racing stickers, prime your car and leak your exhaust, you can get the attention youre looking for at very little cost. I hope this is the little help you were looking for.

·
Registered
500 Posts
As spydamite said, having an SMT don't stop you modding the car, it just costs a [email protected]#$ load more
look at my signiture for the mods i've done, they are nothing compared to others in Australia most of us run turbo as the 2zz swap is very expensive down under and we are all stuck with SMT trannys thanks to some brilliant egghead from Toyota Australia
if you want more power get the standand I/H/E upgrades and if that ain't enough go "chip" it with either a greddy emanage blue/ultimate or get a unichip but don't expect massive gains from the 1zz with n/a upgrades

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Well did somebody had direct experience with it?

Andres
No direct experience, but it says it hooks into the IAT wiring, dollars to doughnuts it just tells the ecu it's taking in cold as shit air so that the computer advances timing and increases fuel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
No direct experience, but it says it hooks into the IAT wiring, dollars to doughnuts it just tells the ecu it's taking in cold as shit air so that the computer advances timing and increases fuel.
+1 to that,
there are better ways to blow an engine thou

1 - 14 of 14 Posts