MR2 SpyderChat banner

GI: 2001 MR2 Spyder 150K miles

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Pomonified 
#1 · (Edited)
sold!! :)

#4 ·
I'm a jobless full time student who has no money to maintain it. I thought might as well sell it to someone who can take care of it the way i was able to when i had a job. I've been busy with school and driving to alot of far places recently and will continue to drive far places till im done with school. the spyder is very fuel efficient but im putting too many miles on it and im afraid something will break on it especially since i dont have money to fix anything. So im selling it to save up for a car will lower miles to get me through school with a piece of mind. plus ive been in an accident and have gotten a speeding ticket haha my insurance is high now :/ I wanna keep it but i cant keep looking at it knowing that i wanna do this and that too it. So i wanna sell it to keep my mind off that stuff and focus on school. Imma miss my spyder but i know once im done with school imma pick another one up again :) and then ill hit up and put together more SOCal meets ;) haha

Beautiful car, best of luck with the sale!

If you do sell parts from the car, interested in the TRD front sway bar!
Thanks! It is beautiful its come so far from what it was when i first got it. I'll keep u first on my list for the TRD sway :)

#3 ·
Beautiful car, best of luck with the sale!

If you do sell parts from the car, interested in the TRD front sway bar!

#13 ·
I can personally vouch for this car being maintained VERY well and being owned by a great guy. I've seen how far this car has come since day one and can assure that someone will be extremely satisfied with this spyder. Hopefully someone will maintain it and enjoy it as much as it has been. Glws big Marc!

#16 ·
Just curious, how long dose the engine last on this MR2 spyders? Is like 200k max? After that will I need to replace it?

Thanks for the PM Marc, I am interested in the car, it's just i commute around 60miles each day and i'm afraid something might go wrong, don't have another 4k to get a replacement engine.

#17 ·
no worries man i understand where your coming from. hopefully the following info helps u decide :)

my car has 150k miles but the engine only has like 95k on it. the previous owner's engine (the original engine of the car) experienced precat death at 55k miles and toyota replaced it for her with the current engine im running on.

soo lets say that the 1zzfes only last 200k miles then you still got 100k miles left :) haha

however im pretty sure they will last over 200k miles. just do the oil changes in consistent intervals dont drive the car at 100mph everyday (or keep it around 4k rpm max). look for the corolla fifth gear swap to keep the revs low on the freeway. i think that will make your engine last a very very long time if you do that.

I've changed the oil on my car with full synthetic mobil one extended performance every 3k miles and the car still runs strong :) so im sure it will last u a good while.

#18 ·
Just saw this, good luck with the sale Marc. Great looking car.

I know I have some pics somewhere...

Sad to see you let her go. :(

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.