MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**SOLD **
I bought a modified TTE (Team Toyota Europe) 2ZZ supercharger kit a while back, but it's been sitting in a box on the floor ever since and it's getting to be time to move on to other projects. The SC was originally installed on an Elise for 6000 miles, and was making 251 WHP through its stock cat. A couple folks in the UK have installed TTE-equipped 2ZZ engines in their Spyder, so we know it fits -- to my knowledge, neither cut their firewall.

The original TTE pieces:

• Cast aluminum intake manifold
  • Ogura TX12 supercharger -- approximately the same displacement and specs as an MP62
  • Alternator relocation bracket
Additions/modifications:

• Smaller, non-clutch pulley installed on the supercharger - this should be good for about 8psi
  • The bolt-on intake and output plates for the SC have been modified to fit the Spyder - they are cut and Tig'd for clearance
  • Nicely-made A2A intercooler. This is the intercooler Silverstone performance (UK) used on their turbo kits. It mounts to the front of the transmission to grab air from underneath the car.
  • Stainless Steel IC pipes (these will likely need some modification, as they were installed in an Elise originally).
  • Drop-in 450cc injectors (Denso 195500-4450 new in the package) -- these drop right in with no modifications and should support up to 280 WHP @ 80% duty cycle IF a boost-reference FPR or higher-pressure FPR is used. They use the Denso connectors, so no modification is needed.
  • Bosch 280142110 bypass valve, also new in the box. Not technically necessary, but I bought this to make up for the elimination of the pulley clutch
  • Walbro 255 lph fuel pump (new in the box), new fuel filter and a complete used housing with FPR. Send the FPR off to Curt for modification and your fuel system needs will be taken care of.
  • Modified dipstick/tube to route around the SC
  • New intake manifold gasket
All told I have ~$2400 invested, and I'll be looking for roughly that much for the kit.

·
Super Moderator
3,155 Posts
Why is the neck welded on the supercharger out let?

I would be interested in just the castings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,913 Posts
I liked this so much that I made them an offer before it got snapped up. I didn't offer the full asking price.

Anyway, it would be a great way to add some more smiles to a 2ZZ Spyder. I just don't have the inclination to do any mods, nor do I want to spend any more money on my car.

Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Do you know where the cooler mounts?
It's supposed to mount to the transmission housing, and go forward at a 45 degree or so angle. There are a few miscellaneous brackets included, but I have not attempted a test fitting.
The cooler looks to be the same as the one on my turbo kit. If you look in the performance section and take a look at the "For Newb's" sticky that 22XY wrote, the TTE installation pics and guide are there, in dieamonds link. It shows the cooler in situ, i reckon this 2ZZ one fits in a similar manor.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The cooler looks to be the same as the one on my turbo kit. If you look in the performance section and take a look at the "For Newb's" sticky that 22XY wrote, the TTE installation pics and guide are there, in dieamonds link. It shows the cooler in situ, i reckon this 2ZZ one fits in a similar manor.
Similar, not the same. This IC is fabbed by Docking Engineering LTD of Silverstone England. One pipe comes off at a ~45 degree angle, it's mean to be mounted on an angle instead of flat like the TTE IC.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Similar, not the same. This IC is fabbed by Docking Engineering LTD of Silverstone England. One pipe comes off at a ~45 degree angle, it's mean to be mounted on an angle instead of flat like the TTE IC.
Yeah, i'm sure it's the same. I upgraded mine (IC) via Matt, who i belive you bought this SC kit off, from memory it (IC) was part of an upgrade package he did for the TTE kit. I'll have to find some pictures ...

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, i'm sure it's the same. I upgraded mine (IC) via Matt, who i belive you bought this SC kit off, from memory it (IC) was part of an upgrade package he did for the TTE kit. I'll have to find some pictures ...
I meant, "not the same as the IC that came with the TTE package." :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts