MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about selling my drivetrain as a dropout, so that the new owner could remove their engine and transmission and bolt this in in place. Absolutely no issues just moving the car in a different direction. It was swapped into the car with 6600 miles out of a Matrix. The engine has cryoed lift bolts, billet oil pump gears, a Moroso pan, the proper engine bracket for the 2ZZ, and a Hondata intake gasket. Transmission has a factory helical LSD installed, and an ACT clutch and MWR lightweight flywheel. Shift linkage has been converted to work in the Spyder. I want to sell it complete from air filter to exhaust tip, so it has an ITG foam filter, an aluminum intake, and I'll include an ABS plastic heat shield. The exhaust is a custom long tube header, with a Magnaflow muffler and a high flow cat. It's fairly loud, I was planning on changing the muffler if I keep it. Engine management is a Power FC with the Commander and it also has a Datalogit.

Looking in the ballpark of $5k, I will find a pallet for it but shipping is responsibility of buyer. I will post pics when I have a chance.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a picture of the engine with header attached:

I'll get better pics later, I don't have any room to move around in the garage with two Spyders torn apart right now.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice and interesting header. Does it go around the left triangle pathway of the two diagonal braces between the upper tower brace and lower subframe?
It stays below the triangle brace, goes into a cat, loops over to a muffler that then turns down and exits at the passenger side.

I've replied to PM's regarding the whole swap, I'm not pricing parts or responding to those PM's until there are people interested in all the major parts.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still available. I don't know how it looks to have more than 20k miles, but it had 6600 miles when I swapped it in, and have put less than 12k miles on the car since.

Still don't want to part, if anything I'm going to throw it in my project chassis and sell the car.

·
Registered
802 Posts
What year Matrix was it?

·
Registered
802 Posts
NBD, figured it was a very slim chance it was an 05. Thanks though

·
Registered
804 Posts
I pm'd you about the engine and tranny, but didn't hear anything so I figured I'd try a message just in case it didn't go through. I'm interested in the engine and transmission together with the swap parts. You have paperwork on the engine along with mileage info etc? PM me with what you can do on pricing. I may be able to pickup as well and pay in cash.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I need to get the pics back up again, but this is still for sale. I was going to put it into a car but I am trying to get less cars not more.

For the previous interested party, I removed the oil pan and valve cover to show how clean it is. I'll have to reload the pics of under the pan, but here is under the valve cover:

Right now I'm about two weeks away from being able to ship this, and if using paypal a signature will be required upon receipt. But this is truly a great engine, and complete so that all you have to do is drop it in. If you work fast it could be done in a day without shortcuts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.