MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GI: Adjustable Front LCA's, AND MORE!

UPDATE FEB.14.2012 - Battle Version MR-S arms NOW AVAILABLE!

I am coming to you all to gain interest in some potential suspension products which you may like. I have been talking to well known fabricator Alex Pfeiffer (BattleVersion), who has shown genuine interest in producing parts for our coveted MR2 Spyder. BattleVersion has been providing fabrication services as well as suspension setup for about 10 years. They use only the best components on their suspension links so don't be fooled by low-quality overseas lookalikes. Lets go down the list.

1. Adjustable Front LCA:
You want caster? You want camber? You want wider track? you got it.
What some people have done on coilovers is rotate the top mount camber plate to gain caster (at the expense of some camber). With these LCA's, you will be able to adjust caster and camber separately. When you add caster, you will notice improved steering response for cornering. Camber adjustment from the lower control arm allows easy precision adjustment for your alignment professional. As a bonus, you can widen the track width, so more sunken tire when you run more camber.

2. Rear Trailing, Toe, and LCA's:
BattleVersion is introducing their take on all three of the rear suspension arms. Featuring super high quality Teflon injected spherical rod ends, you can be sure there will be no slop in your suspension.

Feel to post questions and concerns. We are here to gain interest. If enough people are interested in these products, we can begin prototyping in a few weeks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have one of the few sets of the pair of rear arms they made a few years ago. I will vouch they are very high quality and I like them, I maybe interested in the other arm they did not make with that batch, a front control arm might be interesting as well. Actually a drop spindle would be quite interesting too, never seen such a part before.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Good to hear Alex is still kicking, I used his stuff on my AE86 back in the day.

I would be interested in the rear links but the front lca's would really only offer a stiffness and camber adjustment advantage as caster is easily adjustable on our cars by simply spacing the rear bushing from the body, same way whiteline does in thier ALK kits.

As for the dropped spindle, I think he's probably looking at a roll center adjustment with these. You can achieve the same thing with an extended ball joint / tie rod end and save some of the cost. Now if he could figure out how to do the same with the rear links I would definately be down for that! :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am very intersted and I think would should talk more. Front and rear drop or just front? Cost? I would love to drop my car about one to two but it will wreke the role angle. I will PM you my phone number.

Chris Fox

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
If the track width gets wider will the wheels still fit inside the stock fenders?

Obviously cost is what it comes down to.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I want adjustable front camber and caster from the LCA, sounds awesome.

For the rear, please make sure the adjustable sections are easy to tighten/loosen when installed. The che ones seem to have the adjustment spots too close to the metal tabs on the crossbeam, and my back right wheel seems to lose alignment every event.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interested

·
Registered
513 Posts
Defenetly interested in #2&3

·
Registered
7,661 Posts

For the rear, please make sure the adjustable sections are easy to tighten/loosen when installed. The che ones seem to have the adjustment spots too close to the metal tabs on the crossbeam
, and my back right wheel seems to lose alignment every event.
This.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I was briefing through their website, why not just make a ball joint/"roll center" adapter like the one available for the AE86. Seems easier and cheaper than producing an entire knuckle. Moving the tie rod isn't hard either.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Question: How would these parts affect classing with NASA and SCCA?

Kenny, I think you can count me in for either the front drop spindles or adjustable ones if they arrive in the near future (within 1 year). Rear too, but in the further future. What would you anticipate these products going for? I couldn't see spending more than $500-600 unless I was competing and the stock equipment was preventing forward progress.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Question: How would these parts affect classing with NASA and SCCA?

Kenny, I think you can count me in for either the front drop spindles or adjustable ones if they arrive in the near future (within 1 year). Rear too, but in the further future. What would you anticipate these products going for? I couldn't see spending more than $500-600 unless I was competing and the stock equipment was preventing forward progress.
Seth,
Whether it is NASA or SCCA or any sanctioning body, the rules will vary depending on which class and sub-division you will be running in. I would read their rulebook to get a definite answer. I know for a fact that the Formula D rulebook allows for 1" of correction of suspension geometry.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Chock full of interest on all 3 (just to have the options open).

1 - 20 of 174 Posts