MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im guaging interest for my buddies over at iCarbon on the possibility of doing a carbon fibre dry carbon fiber engline lid. I couldny seem to find anyone who sells them and i figured that there's gotta be some interest here for that. All i really need is 10 people to be interested and an engine on ones using lid to use for the mold and i'll be able to get them to makes this for the MRS

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would love one, depending on quality, fitment, price. Pretty much in that order.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
luxrypart may have made this or could prolly do it. pm him.​

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love one, depending on quality, fitment, price. Pretty much in that order.
Quality is extremely high; they provide parts for the 1 series you can find some of their GBs on bimmerpost.com fitment should be exactly like stock. and the shouldnt be bad either but ill have more info on it once i have some more interest

it would be an exact copy of the OEM one not the VIS style, i think the VIS style wouldnt draw enough attention and its not what im interested in adding to my car

·
Registered
727 Posts
Im intrigued by this. Been thinking about a CF hood for a while now.

Same boat as everyone else as far as quality, fitment, price, etc.

Id like to see a couple pics of one installed before I placed my order tho.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he hasnt given me the price yet but i know it wont be bad (and im brokse so thats saying alot) the difference in finishes is only $25

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quality is extremely high; they provide parts for the 1 series you can find some of their GBs on bimmerpost.com fitment should be exactly like stock. and the shouldnt be bad either but ill have more info on it once i have some more interest

it would be an exact copy of the OEM one not the VIS style, i think the VIS style wouldnt draw enough attention and its not what im interested in adding to my car
I'm interested since this's gonna be OEM style and fitment will be exactly like stock. Now let's see if I can afford the price!

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
he hasnt given me the price yet but i know it wont be bad (and im brokse so thats saying alot) the difference in finishes is only $25
When you say difference in finishes do you mean "dry" and "wet" carbon parts? When you say this do you mean the actual look of the part?

I'm under the assumption that dry carbon parts are very expensive vs wet carbon parts because of the different material and techniques used. So how is the difference a mere $25 dollars? I hope you don't mean with and without clearcoats to make it look "wet"?

example: this $3,000+ dry carbon hood from ASM for the s2k
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=ASMAP100026

versus this regular carbon hood from seibon for the s2k which retails for $700+
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/seibon-carbon-fiber-mgstyle-hood-honda-s2000-0008-p-7978.html

·
Registered
411 Posts
In as well as long as we are talking something in the $300's with shipping. OEM style please. Wet I guess to match the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also interested

I'm interested if it gets me some weight savings in the rear and is in the $300-400 realm.

My car's out of service now so I can give you my engine lid for the mold. Just send a PM.

·
Registered
94 Posts
how about have it made with no vents at all, just flat. it'll be cheaper to make, and it would allow one to decide where and how they want their vents cut (and cut them DIY style)

thoughts?
If DIY vents can save us a significant amount of money then it's a good idea provided we can make the edges smooth ourselves. I don't think that's easy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts