MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Gauging Interest for custom made, ally HVAC panel knobs as per below images on behalf of a metal working friend;

HVAC knobs:- The knobs are ally, clear coated, and have a hole drilled right through the body so they are backlit at night. These are 'bespoke' Items made to fit the roadster and are solid metal. You will have to fit the metal cages/mushroom that grip the shafts of the hvac control panel out of your old plastic knobs but this is very easy to do.

Slider knob:- 1'' LONG (25MM) 15MM diameter, slider knob with a decorative undercut approx halfway along the body, clearcoated. The old knob just pulls off, and the new one just pushes on to the 2 prongs that will now be sticking out of your dash! The knob will grip, however, I would advise to inject into the hole in the rear of it, with clear silicone sealer (RTV) and fill it nearly to the top, then push on, centre the knob and allow to dry, as per curing instructions on the product you are using. This will take any up or down 'rock' out of it. And unlike using something like 'tigerseal', soudal or sika bonding will still be able to be pulled off easily for any maintenance if required. Mine is fitted with no sealer and has held strong for nearly 2 months now with no issue.

For 3 HVAC knobs and the slider knob, costs including postage, are working out at $110.

Am looking to get an initial GB of 5 full sets.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Will try to get pics of the knobs fitted all together in the week.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think twosrus sells these already.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I like these I'd be down for a set, any chance for anodizing black?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not be burst your bubble, but Twosrus.com sells these with an emblem on them for $80. Even then I thought it was much too steep o_0

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe 2 r US sell for $85 + postage, not sure on what postage costs?

However 2rUS do not include the air recirc slider knob...

Will look into whether black anodizing is possible.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have alum polished Hvacs already. I would buy a slider knob from you though. (depending on price)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can spray in black as per Bernies image for no extra cost.

For JUST the slider knob = $25 inc postage.
For JUST the HVAC knobs = $90 inc postage.

Revised cost for BOTH items = $100 inc postage.

Does that sound better, brings things slightly more inline with 2's R us...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone still making HVAC knobs?

I know I'm a little late to the party - but is anyone still making the knobs? They look GREAT and I'd love to get a set.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Twos r us still has these.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Link? I can't find them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't think I would want to buy a set. I just wanted to see what twosrus version looked like.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dash Knobs

Tried to find a set but couldn't. Prob bad searching skills but either way just went to Ebay and looked up stereo knobs, made sure the measurement was right and ordered. Drilled small hole so light can be seen at night and that was it. Pretty neat little mod that makes the appearance nicer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts