MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Thought I would make a post here to see if anyone was interested in a super gt kit.
We've been able to acquire some old moulds for the toyota super gt race car. They are in rough shape (gel coat cracking ect.) from the years they have been sitting but were in the midst of polishing/repairing them back to as good as new. Thought I would see if anyone would be interested in a kit. We are limiting production to about 5 units to keep them exclusive however I think the price may do that all on its own.:lol:

The price breakdown is as follows...

Bare kit - front bumper, front fenders, skirts, rear quarters, rear bumper, deck lid, roof, under diffuser front/rear and hood.
Fiberglass $4800
Carbon $6500
dry carbon $11 000

Wing
fiberglass $1300
Carbon fiber $1750
Dry carbon - pm for quote

Wheels
18x11 volk racing magnesium centerlock wheels
MRSP is about $2500 per wheel plus shipping and duty
Pm for quote

Suspension replacement
Replaces all oem suspension to double wishbone setup front and rear and extends the track front and back out to the appropriate width. Replaces power steering with a racing unit as well and includes center lock hubs. for coilovers add + $1000 or more depending on brand, model, ect.
$2400

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This could be amazing!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Bare kit - front bumper, front fenders, skirts, rear quarters, rear bumper, deck lid, roof, under diffuser front/rear and hood.
So, when you say "roof", are you talkin about the hardtop that is on the car in the pics? If so, this may be a good idea for someone looking for a hardtop and bodykit. From MikeV, you would pay $2750 for a hardtop anyways.. Granted, it would be painted...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Imagine seeing this on the street! :eek:

·
Registered
794 Posts
yeee its super expensive. but if i had the money id do it ;) just gotta get through school and land that job first cuz i know i dont have that money yett... haha

·
Registered
548 Posts
The most amusing thing about this would be that after dropping over 15grand on this kit and installing it, you would now have a 130whp gt car that on the streets would get blown away by a civic si.....

This kit needs 500+ whp to pull off right without looking like a douche

It is gorgeous however

·
Registered
617 Posts
I want the double wishbone suspension because I can't afford the entire kit!

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Double wishbone conversion, YES. Do want.

Wow, if I had a ton of money to blow I wouldn't hesitate to do this. I'm feeling a psychological pain just wanting this.

Can you please elaborate on how you will go about doing this? Will the customer receive a bunch of parts that must be welded in? I can't imagine this being even close to a bolt-on affair.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Does this retain use of the stock bumper rebars? Does this also require custom exhaust?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, when you say "roof", are you talkin about the hardtop that is on the car in the pics? If so, this may be a good idea for someone looking for a hardtop and bodykit. From MikeV, you would pay $2750 for a hardtop anyways.. Granted, it would be painted...
Yes roof as in the hadtop in the pictures.

to run the double wishbone setup you still need some type of really wide body since it pushes the cars track out so far. On a stock body you would have your wheels sticking out about a foot to far.:eek:

also to clarify you will need a pair of DSS custom axles to compensate for the extended rear track width. These can be had for $600 -$2000 depending on hp requirement.

Ideally you'd want to run a boosted 2gr.. around 10psi should net you in the 400whp range stock.

Or if you wanted a more economical route you could do a 4g63t swap, 20psi should net you around 400whp at 1/3rd of the cost of the 2gr.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will also add the suspension package is not needed as you COULD run really wide spacers and different rims/wheels however I would suspect premature wheel bearing failure is imminent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you please elaborate on how you will go about doing this? Will the customer receive a bunch of parts that must be welded in? I can't imagine this being even close to a bolt-on affair.
For ease of installation all parts will bolt on for the most part. You will essentially receive a new front and rear subframe. Depending on how testing goes we might make a few parts weld in to keep things rigid and torsion strength up but thus far from what the cad drawings are telling us things look up to snuff. The idea to not re invent the wheel here, keep things as simple as possible without compromising quality, performance, or safety.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts