MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to go a different route so i am looking for what kind of interest there would be for a few of the parts i have collected and put together. This would be one hell of a starting point for someone looking for a good turbo kit.
The base is a Top Secret Turbo kit with a few extra parts. See Pictures below. The turbo will need a rebuild. A rebuild kit for this is between $70-120 and can be done by someone with attention to detail and the technical know-how. It is based off of a Mitsubishi turbo, Journal bearing and is oil cooled. The turbo itself has oil on the intake side but everything still spins freely.

First BOV. SSQC. No clue of the company. It feels Solid and looks very good. It appears to be good quality, but again, I am clueless as to the company it is from.

Greddy BOV - Condition is not great. It needs to be rebuilt; More specifically the screw on top was stripped out. Needs to have the top rethreaded and a screw replaced and/or the top replaced.

BOV Pipe - 2.5" It supports the Greddy BOV

Boost Block - Self explanitory

Rubber Tubing

Oil Line

Now for the goodies.
Turbo - Greddy T517z

Turbo Down Pipe - Connects directly into stock mid pipe.

Mid Pipe - Che Mid Pipe. Flex pipe is in tact. This was fully functional when I pulled it off of my car to swap for the PPE.

Stock Muffler Pipe - For those that want to make a custom exhaust

Turbo Header - This was lightly ported to better the flow and remove some of the slag.

exhaust gasket - Not the greated of condition but could be reused.

Turbo Put together

Extras
LP Version 1 Gauge Pod - Good condition. Surface scratch on the top(see picture)

Fiberglass insert for the gauge pod. Fits a 52mm i think.. I had this fiberglassed in place but removed it once i swapped to the newer gauge pod.

ProSport Boost Gauge - Gauge is in the car but i will remove it shortly.. Here is the "Sensor" portion of it.

Everything

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heres for a bump. I've received two requests on price, unfortunately I still haven't put to much thought into it so offers are on the table. Some other options of things i Could include are 630cc Denso Injectors and P&P harness(currently installed in my car). These would add on another $300 or so. I honestly don't want to piece the kit out and would like to sell it as an all in one.

This kit can be used with your Stock exhaust. IT takes the place of the headers and Precats and connects directly into your midpipe. It retains two O2 sensor bungs for both upstream narrow band O2 sensor and the included CHE mid pipe has two Bungs, One for Wideband and one for the stock down stream O2 sensor.

This is the original Top Secret kit. As you can see, a full new kit goes for $5,000 and must be imported from Japan.
http://www.intensepower.com/topsecmrstur.html

·
Registered
195 Posts
Heres for a bump. I've received two requests on price, unfortunately I still haven't put to much thought into it so offers are on the table. Some other options of things i Could include are 630cc Denso Injectors and P&P harness(currently installed in my car). These would add on another $300 or so. I honestly don't want to piece the kit out and would like to sell it as an all in one.

This kit can be used with your Stock exhaust. IT takes the place of the headers and Precats and connects directly into your midpipe. It retains two O2 sensor bungs for both upstream narrow band O2 sensor and the included CHE mid pipe has two Bungs, One for Wideband and one for the stock down stream O2 sensor.

This is the original Top Secret kit. As you can see, a full new kit goes for $5,000 and must be imported from Japan.
http://www.intensepower.com/topsecmrstur.html
I was one of the interested buyers. You've got a partial of the 5k kit, used, with the most important expensive part bad (the turbo). Many that would purchase have to maintain their Cat and can't use the other midpipe. (emission laws). (includes me, I have to use my cat). So really its that header and the downpipe that's going to stir the most interest? That's what I'm after, if someone wants the rest?
You did say you want to sell all as a package, how much for all? I'm surprised there isn't a lot more responses on here as there are tons of people always asking "anyone have a turbo kit for sale".

dziff

·
Registered
195 Posts
Anyone want to estimate what the value is on the setup?, I'm surprised there hasn't been any other follow-ups to this as I always see people posting "hey I want a turbo kit anyone have one to sell me". A few of us responded via messaging for price, want to see what everyone else thinks value would be.
I'm only interested in the core pieces, manifold, turbo, and downpipe etc. is someone interested in the midpipe?
dziff

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ok...lets start getting some offers in and see what we can do to get what we want/need..
I will offer 500$ for the manifold, turbo, and downpipe. (and of course with the intake/outtake pipes on the turbo itself in the picture as well)
anyone want to offer on the rest?
dziff

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bump....Pattilipp..... are we in the ballpark of what your going to let it go for, haven't seen any other public offers... or what others may think the setup's worth used.
dziffle

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was one of the first few to PM him right after he posted. He told me what he wanted and I figured the public route would go better as he would have an idea on value based on interest and offers. Considering a full black label kit goes for 2700 and just need engine management and it was designed specific for the spyder (updated kit)
While what he has are a few parts, some good, some bad, all used, all purchased with some risk of course being used/unseen although I would trust many here as they've been here for years. Once you toss in shipping/fixing parts, then purchasing what you need to complete you don't want to come anywhere near the price of the black label kit, or you may as well order it instead and purchase a known good configuration.
If you PM him he will tell you what he's looking to get. I didn't post what he quoted me here as it wouldn't be fair, and I figured I'd just stir up interest of offers in hopes I could still get what I wanted at a reasonable price.
dziff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts