MR2 SpyderChat banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
glenonoka, did you ever get to Conicelli Toyota for service?

Name : Conicelli Toyota
Phone #: 610-825-7002 ext. 2001

Rating: A-/B+

Agreed. B+. My baby was hit in 2005 front and rear body damage and needed a radiator replacement. They took reasonable care of her and even managed to remember to put the JDM nose badge back on. I bought it from the Conshohocken dealership, but had it serviced at Springfield. I'm about to take it in to Carousel for some body work. I'll update when I get her back.

Phone Number: 610-690-6000

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nashville, TN area?

Spun a bearing at an auotocross today. Does anyone know someone in the Nashville, TN area to tackle this type of work?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bulico said:
glenonoka, did you ever get to Conicelli Toyota for service?

Name : Conicelli Toyota
Phone #: 610-825-7002 ext. 2001

Agreed. B+. My baby was hit in 2005 front and rear body damage and needed a radiator replacement. They took reasonable care of her and even managed to remember to put the JDM nose badge back on. I bought it from the Conshohocken dealership, but had it serviced at Springfield. I'm about to take it in to Carousel for some body work. I'll update when I get her back.

Phone Number: 610-690-6000
Update: I took her to Carousel and got her back in good shape. Their customer service left a little to be desired, but they were definately familiar with MR2s. When I dropped her off, they were working on an '87. They said the magic words: "We will take care of your baby." They let me meet with the insurance adjuster and the mechanic so we could talk over everything that I wanted done and I got her back within a few days and earlier than promised.

Name:Carousel Toyota
Phone #:610-558-6800

Would have been an A except for the customer service. Not exactly a polite bunch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
anyone in NC

Anyone in Raleigh NC area been to Tao automotive, they supposedly specialize in toyota and honda, was wondering if they are any good and trustworthy got a road trip driving up to IL in may and I want to make sure the spyder is in tip top shape before the drive. thanks for any info on this service center.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any good mr2 spyder mechanic in dallas, tx?

Hey all... I am looking for a place that I can take my spyder to for maintenance. I am specifically try to do a pre-cat removal, but most mechanics I've asked are not interested in tackling that problem.

Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey all... I am looking for a place that I can take my spyder to for maintenance. I am specifically try to do a pre-cat removal, but most mechanics I've asked are not interested in tackling that problem.

Please let me know.

Thats because it is illegal.

We will be happy to do that for you as long as you assure us that the vehicle will be used for offroad racing purposes only however ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
SMT expert near Austin, TX

I have scanned all 8 pages of this post and only found info related to a tire shop and body shop in Austin.

I am searching for an honest, skilled mechanic who knows the SMT. I am experiencing a loss of reverse (light will flash but gear will not engage and motor just revs as though in neutral). Also my brake lights are stuck on if the fuse is in.

I live in Austin but would drive to a nearby city, would just prefer to not have to drive to Houston or Dallas if possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best to all midship run-abouters!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Any good Toyota dealers in MD or Northern VA that knows how to replace a clutch on a SMT? No slippage yet but will replace if someone had a good experience recently. I have 180K on the orginial clutch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Houston area, but really for anyone.

I have to give a shout-out to Dave, Jason, Brent, and the gang at DD Performance Research in Sealy, Texas.

This shop knows MR2's like nobody's business. I live in Wichita Falls and my local dealer, after having had the car for 2 weeks, gave the car back to me still broke -- said they had no idea what was wrong (I have a 2005 SMT. The SMT would not work at all). I shipped it to DD Performance Research via car carrier and within a week they had diagnosed the problem. After it was repaired, I flew down to pick up the car and proceeded to drive it the roughly 400 miles back home, with no issues whatsoever. These people are friendly, knowledgable, and well-equiped to deal with any MR2 issues. They have become my go-to shop. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a general THANK YOU to the forum and its admins.

There were some referrals here to Steven Velocity and Service Manager Greg at Chula Vista for servicing and help with my Spyder and these referalls turned out to be invaluable.

Thanks gain. This is a pretty cool forum. :D

Toyota Chula Vista
650 East Main Street
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(800) 254-4062

special thanks to switchlanez for the direct reference.
Heya, I also live in Los Angeles and have had a hellova time dealing with the Toyota dealerships here in town. How did the Chula Vista dealership go for you? it's a bit of a commute, but totally worth it I think!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello again,

I got a used (1zz still) engine into my Spyder and would like to have someone who knows what to look for make sure everything is right on, plus any general checkup I may need. I've seen the recommendation for Chula Vista Toyota, should I call down and ask for an appointment with someone specific, or call and ask for Service Manager Greg, explain what I have and go with whatever he suggests? Thanks!

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not Claremount :)

Name: Claremount Toyota
Phone: 909-625-1500
Service Rep: Eric Foster
Rating Customer Service: A+
Rating Mechnical Service: A

Most of you have seen my threads of my engine failure. Eric took good care of me. Hes a great guy and I recommend him to everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Claremont Toyota

Not Claremount :)

Name: Claremount Toyota
Phone: 909-625-1500
Service Rep: Eric Foster
Rating Customer Service: A+
Rating Mechnical Service: A

Most of you have seen my threads of my engine failure. Eric took good care of me. Hes a great guy and I recommend him to everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Los Angeles, CA

I'm a new Spyder owner, only 25 and have no family so I'm hoping to find a trusted mechanic for future (and possibly near) problems dealing with my Spyder as I intend to take the utmost best care of it. I'm located in Long Beach/Los Angeles. Any nearby recommendations would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Boise, ID

Foreign Car Service on W. Emerald knows Spyders and did a pre-purchase check for me and was able to tell me about painted panels and missing VIN tags from a panel leading me to think the car may have been impacted in the past.
Tom Palmer and Tammy both real pleasant to deal with by phone from Canada and the follow-up call was really nice after they e-mailed the report with comments.
Phone 208 345 2621.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Toy Shop

On 2 occasions Ive gone to the Toy house in Tampa , FL 813-664-1506

They Specialize in Toyota products and handle all cars with care. Small family shop that has been in the area for almost 40yrs. Good prices and honest work.

141 - 160 of 176 Posts
About this Discussion
175 Replies
137 Participants
JimmyC
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing