MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've been wanting an MR2 for years and when my wife said we need another car, I decided to get the most impractical winter car I could -- a 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder!
(Now, I just have to find another vehicle that I can use for wintery days :LOL: )
I love driving my MR2. It's pretty much stock as far as I can tell. I don't have any plans to change that except that I swapped out the audio deck already.
I didn't like the mounting/trim kit that I got with the new unit, so I designed my own.
I've already learned a lot from the forums in this site. I'm glad y'all are here!

Here are some pics. I also made a video about my audio deck trim design and included a link to it.

Better days!

Video about the audio deck trim

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Steering part Motor vehicle Car Steering wheel Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
3,206 Posts
I really like the stereo surround... a couple of things:
  • What does this switch do?
  • Why put the bluetooth mic in the center console?
  • Do your coins rattle?
  • Sell me your Kenwood.

Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle audio Center console Audio equipment

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Welcome! I pack my coins so tight in the ash tray that they can't rattle...but now even most meters stopped taking coins I suppose.

I like the adapter piece you made, although I'll admit the color us a bit out of place to me. Similar questions as above regarding the switch as well as if you mic actually picks up sound well in that location.

A few things to consider:
-Make sure your soft top drains are clean
-Change any fluids of unknown age (engine oil, trans, brake, coolant, etc)
-Gutting the precats or changing the exhaust manifold
-I can't see your headlights in your pic but often they are in need of a good polishing with the age of these cars.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Early-stage Sivart08 affliction. It is never known in advance whether this subsides at early stage or whether it goes to full-blown mania.

well its my car so i do what i like but others liking it to i guess is good i dont care to much i just like my car to be different.. ne one can go buy the same thing everyone else on here has. a veilside widebody to the same old gauges. to the same hard top everyone wants and cant find bla bla bla if i wanted my car to look like every other one out there i would of bought a mustang. i like that mine is different.. i get looks everywhere i go and theres always people looking at my car telling me how awesome it is lol and thats no understatement i get that everywhere i go.. i like it and so cool..
Speedometer Car Vehicle Gear shift Gauge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts