MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my seats in. Its pretty comfortable. Kinda tight in the ribs but I need to loss weight.
They are the profi. I'm 5'7 200 lbs. I'm a little mixture of fat and muscle. I wear size 33/34 pants. Just get a idea of size of the seat for people trying to buy them.

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
Great. You screwed up your car. Way to go.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
The stock seats suck especially the 00-02 like the OP has. A better holding seat improves the experience, as instead of you moving in the seat a little, you're held firm and you can better feel what the car is doing. Also the OP has a harddog, has talked about getting on track, so a better seat that is compatible with a 4 point harness is a safety mod for track use IMO.

One of my next upgrades is seats as I'm 5'8 and about 140lbs and they don't hold me at all, even when moving the seat back, getting the belt tight, and moving the seat back up to keep the belt locked.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
no seat sensors for air bags hence no airbag deployment in a crash

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looking good

how much lower do they sit compared to stock?
recaro brackets/rails aswell?
Ya it has recaro brackets with side mounts. It sits about an inch maybe 2 lower.
Does the spyder have a seat sensor?

All I can find is a sensor for the seatbelt.
Same here and I can reconnect it if I want to but having the light flashing when using harness gets annoying.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
The drivers airbag should always be activated. How are you going to crash if no one is in the car driving? Passenger side has a pressure switch in the bottom of the seat.....ever notice how there has to be weight in the seat for the passengers seatbelt light to flash? Whether it is connected to the airbag i do not know....but if it was why would there be an on/off switch in the glove box?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder if recaro sells replacement covers cause I originally wanted a red seat but couldn't pass this deal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
re: seat sensors question...

Okay-since lighter seats are also on my eventual mods list, I was curious about this. I don't track the car, and don't plan to, but I'd like to lighten up a little and get a better fit...but I don't want to lose the airbag functionality on either the driver's or passenger's side. Is it possible to add racing seats, but to keep the sensors in place somehow? Or is the entire sensor issue misunderstood here, and it just doesn't matter? Thoughts?

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
The drivers airbag should always be activated. How are you going to crash if no one is in the car driving? Passenger side has a pressure switch in the bottom of the seat.....ever notice how there has to be weight in the seat for the passengers seatbelt light to flash? Whether it is connected to the airbag i do not know....but if it was why would there be an on/off switch in the glove box?
After studying the system somewhat but not knowing 100% for sure the weight sensor in the passenger seat is only there to let the driver know the passenger has not buckled up.
The way to turn off the passenger side airbag is though the glove compartment.

Newer cars have a weight sensor that can determine if the occupant is above a certain weight and then it makes the determination to deploy the air bag or not which eliminates the switch.

Having said that I have found the bucket non adjustable seats to be ugly and not very comfortable for street use. The seats I have are aggressive and look less ricey fanboyish .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts