MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll i need your help. I have spyder rims on my mk1, but i need the center caps. the rims are getting powder coated so i wanted to get the center caps a different color. so can i? or is there a different center cap i can use? thanks for your advice!!

-Jesus

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
hey ya'll i need your help. I have spyder rims on my mk1, but i need the center caps. the rims are getting powder coated so i wanted to get the center caps a different color. so can i? or is there a different center cap i can use? thanks for your advice!!

-Jesus
Silver and possibly chrome are the only colors Toyota ever made them.

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
Too bad you only got the rims and not the entire wheel. The painted portion of the center caps were available in red and black. Black was a special edition.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have a set of OEM center caps if you need them. Let me know.

-Jesus

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
I know, I could have sworn the non Final-editions were blue instead of red though.
I thought that also until I saw a picture in another thread and went back to my post and changed the blue to red. Mine are black.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Too bad you only got the rims and not the entire wheel. The painted portion of the center caps were available in red and black. Black was a special edition.
You guys really need to get over that whole rims/wheels thing. It has become somewhat synonymous for wheels to the point that most people will assume you just mean wheels so it really doesn't matter. You could just consider it slang really.

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
Yeah, why bother referring to things by their correct names. People are fixing breaks, bompers, bumbers, rotars and checking VIN numbers. Capitalization and punctuation are overrated also. Anyone know where I can get one of those things that holds the thing that makes the noise? My wheels were wearing out so I ordered new ones and they sent me rims. WTF? :lol:

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
You guys really need to get over that whole rims/wheels thing. It has become somewhat synonymous for wheels to the point that most people will assume you just mean wheels so it really doesn't matter. You could just consider it slang really.
BULL.
It's the ignorant who need to "get over it".

From TireRack.Com
What Is a Wheel and What Is a Rim? Are They the Same Thing?
It may seem obvious, but a wheel is comprised of a hub, spokes and rim. Sometimes these components will be one piece, sometimes two or three. The hub is the center portion of the wheel and is what attaches the wheel to the suspension. The spokes radiate out from the hub and attach to the rim. The rim is the outer part of the wheel that holds the tire. While many people refer to wheels as "rims," this is technically incorrect. We'll discuss several ways that wheels are manufactured below.

·
Registered
217 Posts
People refer to wheels as mags too even when they aren't made of magnesium... its called slang and that's all calling them rims instead of wheels really is these days. Get with the times.

Some quotes taken from the definition of slang in urban dictionary

"slang is the continual and ever-changing use and definition of words in informal conversation, often using references as a means of comparison or showing likeness."

"the use of slang is frequently ridiculed by culturally-ignorant people who feel it is the product of insufficient education and believe it to be counter-evolutionary; of course, they couldn't be farther from the truth."

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Ah, the pulchritude of slang!
("Pulchritude" is misused here: Call it slang.)

I built a working model of a hot-air baloon once.
A hippy friend said "Oh wow. That's heavy, Man!"

"I've got a ton of ideas!"
Tell me what an idea weighs, and I'll tell you how many ideas you have.
Otherwise, you're clueless, and your ideas are suspect.

"The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right."
--------------- Henrik Ibsen

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
As for keeping up with the times:

It's like, you know, I mean, you know.
That's what I'm talkin' about!
Ya see what I'm saying?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts