MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gutted my precats installed Che's Dual canister Replaced two upstream O2 Sensors OEM plug and Play.

Then drove it around the block for 15mins and had these codes.

P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

What do I need to do to fix this?

Please Help

Thank you

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bank 1 Sensor 2 is the after-cat O2 sensor.
The only one you didn't replace!^_^

As for the random missfires, I'll defer to the many members more knowledgible than me.
So that means I needed to replace all three?

I do have the new O2 downstream I just didn't think I needed to change it just yet but I guess I should.

So far all I did was replace all spark plugs with OEM and replaced the two upstream O2 sensors Gut my precats installed Che's dual canister and those codes popped up when I drove it. I just reset all the codes and took it for another spin for about 5-10 mins and no check engine.

Should I wait before I change the down stream O2?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did you unplug the sensor during the install? That was my problem :p

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes I did....DO you think that could have triggered it/
It's only a problem if you forgot to plug it back in. That was my problem sorry

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
its saying u have a misfire because ur O2 sensor isnt working. O2 sensors detect misfires. the 2 top O2 sensors are usually the ones that will tell you WHICH cylinder is misfiring. the O2 sensor you didnt replace, is probably the one that tells you that you are having a RANDOM misfire and doesnt know which cylinder.

My advice, replace that O2 sensor, and both your codes should go away. (NO GUARANTEES) haha. dont blame me if it doesnt work :) just my 2 cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts