MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used Griot's Black Vinal Top Reconditioner on my convertable top today and it's amazing. Looks brand new - although it wasn't that bad to start with - the results were amazing.

Also used it on the black plastic part between the windshield and the hood. Had some whitish streaks, maybe from car wax drying, that I could not get rid of. Made it perfectly black with a little shine. My painter said not to paint it as that type of plastic is coated and the paint will eventually peel.

I also used it on the frunk liner when I installed my TRD front strut bar today. When you open the hood the car looks brand new.

I am so impressed with this product. Around $20.00 shipped.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Have you used Aerospace 303 before? I've always been curious how those two compare.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I've used Aerospace 303, Griots and also a Pro Care (brand name) product called Wipe On. For the vinyl convertible top I much prefer Griot's. For the interior plastics, I much prefer Wipe On. I have only used Wipe On on the plastic in front of the windshield. Whip On also has UV protection. I am about to try yet another product made by a company called 3D International called Ultra Protectant (which also has UV protection. I couldn't get the small bottle of Wipe On the other day, so I thought I would try the small bottle of Ultra Protectant. We'll see how it looks. I have found the Aerospace 303 can be a bit hard to find in my neck of the woods. Griot's is easily found through their website. the only place I have foound Pro Care and Ultra Protectant was at a local auto detail supply store that usually only professional detailers frequent. I don't think it is any big secret and certainly anyone can purchase goods there. I think the general public generally doesn't even think about looking for such a store to shop at - especially since AutoZone and the likes advertise and this place doesn't advertise. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :wave:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Tried Both

Have you used Aerospace 303 before? I've always been curious how those two compare.
I bought both and used the 303 on the part between the windshield and hood. It did an fair job, but did not take away the white old wax stains. I read on a post that a guy said he used Griot's on this area - in response to someone who had painted it - and he was absolutely right. The Griot's was far superior on this part and the frunk liner. Griot's say not to use their product on the interior - so I'm using 303 on interior.

Griot's is like soft shoe polish - comes with a eraser sized sponge applicator. Thicker.
303 is liquid spray.

I posted pics of the frunk liner in an album called mods - and you can also see the part between the windshield and hood area in the pic also.

The Convertable soft top looks brand new.

·
Registered
578 Posts
They do different things. The Griot's product is just a dye that paints the vinyl a rich dark black color, but does nothing to preserve or protect the vinyl. 303 is just the opposite, it does nothing for the color, but preserves and protects the vinyl.
I use both: Griot's first, give it some time to dry, then 303 over that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts