MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2001 Spyder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

As the title suggests, I wanted to make a quick review of the GrA cf top. There is a fiberglass option as well, but I opted for the cf for the looks and weight savings. Also, it costs LESS than OEM! The construction and finish is fantastic, and I had no fitment issues whatsoever. A preshaped lexan rear window is provided, you supply your own bolts and caulking to adhere it. Not for the faint of heart, drilling and measuring is required for that step. Seals are included, but the OEM ones off your soft top will fit perfectly so use those. It will reek of resin on the inside of your cabin for while, just FYI. They are made to order and take quite a while to ship. One of the only complications I see is that they can only ship it to a commercial address, so be wary of that. The company is based in California, so if you live in NY, it will take a lot longer to arrive. Overall, great fit, very light, and relatively inexpensive. More Pictures of my car with the top can be found at Group A Toyota MR2 Spyder Hardtop | Group A Motoring

· Registered
2,581 Posts
Looks pretty good. Why is your car on their website...are you sponsored/affiliated with them?

· Registered
2001 Spyder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks pretty good. Why is your car on their website...are you sponsored/affiliated with them?
Haha good question. I am not sponsored or affiliated with them in any way whatsoever. I'm just a satisfied customer. I saw that the photos they had on display were lackluster, and wanted to take some half decent ones.

· Registered
38 Posts
On their website it says you have to reuse the front and rear soft top brackets for the hardtop, I wonder what they mean since the soft top only has front locks. Do you mind taking pictures and letting us see how you mounted it from the rear and also the front?

· Registered
2001 Spyder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On their website it says you have to reuse the front and rear soft top brackets for the hardtop, I wonder what they mean since the soft top only has front locks. Do you mind taking pictures and letting us see how you mounted it from the rear and also the front?
I think they are referring to the bar that holds the seatbelts, cargo area, ect. You need to get rear mounts, I purchased mine from @Snelbaard . The rear mounts are perfect but his front mounts dont work with this top.
Tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
2001 Spyder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also wonder if silicone by itself would be strong enough to hold the plastic window? Giving it a more of a OEM look. Maybe a stronger glue?
There is 0 chance the lexan will stay on with just glue. I am probably going to get black bolts to hold it down in the future, but this is all that my local ace hardware had for now.

· Registered
2001 Spyder
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you post some more pics of the fit/ finish?

Also, are you related to the GrA firm? Your pic is on their page that you linked
I'm not related to them in any way. Just submitted my pictures to them as a satisfied customer. I can take more pictures when I get home, what exactly do you want to see?

· Registered
Weigh, Cut, Weigh, Weld, Glue, Cut, Weigh, Drill
2,452 Posts
It looks like their interior cast is much better than the VIS. However, the skin may not be as good of a fit. Here's a shot showing how rough my VIS interior "frame" is with the same brackets for easy comparison. Thanks for posting such detailed pics. If the local thieves ever abscond with my top this is a great alternative.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Black

Also some bonus VIS fitment pics for direct compo....

Hood Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Amber Automotive design

Automotive side-view mirror Window Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire White Motor vehicle Hood Black

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Grille Tread

1 - 20 of 50 Posts