MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bored here today at work on a Sunday so cutting a trial run.These are aluminum .90 thick and about 3 inches
I will powder coat them probably black and they would have to be glued on.I can adjust the size easily now and am open to any sugestions from you all.Guesing around $20 each and free shipping to lower 48 but I have to make sure powder coating cost are low.I only cut a few to see how this will work out and any interest.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am interested.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks

I can make any size now and should know in a few days how they look but I actually want something thinner I can bend easy but want it looking first class.This is a first time doing this and I dont need to make a killing but help you all display something cool on your car.
I will keep you updated and thanks for the response
What size would you all prefer and what color????

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I already stole this from you.

Not really. I had some guy in the UK make it for me. Nice job too. but mine is no paint and I used trim tape to put it on.

However I need two dragons cut just like that. 12 * 12. If I send you a pic, to show you what I need, can you do it and give me a price?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure send it to me or post it here and see what I can do.I also took this design to a friend and have a bunch of 3x3 and 2x2 Decals being cut out of black and will have them for $2 each or so in a few days
and I LOVE your front emblem.I posted on this site to the guy making those about gettinmg me some but no reply back so I did them myself I am late on the game here on spyderchat but dressing up my new 04 red I just bought with 22K miles
Did you plug the holes or did this cover them?I just bought a midship runabout badge and installed but love this look way better that you have done!!

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Sure send it to me or post it here and see what I can do.I also took this design to a friend and have a bunch of 3x3 and 2x2 Decals being cut out of black and will have them for $2 each or so in a few days
and I LOVE your front emblem.I posted on this site to the guy making those about gettinmg me some but no reply back so I did them myself I am late on the game here on spyderchat but dressing up my new 04 red I just bought with 22K miles
Did you plug the holes or did this cover them?I just bought a midship runabout badge and installed but love this look way better that you have done!!
I had the hood and front bumper and rocker panels painted last spring. The holes were professionally filled and everything painted. They put on the emblem.

Also did you notice the retractable front license plate?

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
If you would PM me your address I will send you want I have.

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
This brings up a job I tried to do a while back. I have one of the original Laser emblems, which is about 3 inches in diameter and wanted it for the back bumper, to place on the upper part between the deck lid and the upper grill. But it was too big for that.

So I had it CAD scanned and ran off a set of steel badges at 2 1/4 in., which fits that area just right. Turns out that they don't lay flat, however. They would need a very slight curve and there's no easy way to do that. Then they would need chroming - again, not something you can run down to the corner store for.

As nice as steel is, I wound up thinking that perhaps some kind of automotive metallic plastic is the optimal solution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts