MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to switch out my Apexi PFC for a Haltech Elite 1500. Majority of tuners in my area hate to use the "archaic" technology of the PFC, which I don't blame them and have been pushing heavily to the more modern ECU, Haltech. I searched on the forum and online on how everybody likes Haltech with a 2ZZ, but haven't gotten great results.

I have a bit of tuning / EMS 101 questions that hopefully someone can help educate me here:

• Will the harness be connected similarily like the Apexi PFC ... and be plug and play or is there more to it? Note: I have received the rough base map from Haltech built for initial start, and idle
  • Factory ECU - I take it this is still needed for AC, gauges etc.?

I plan to have a tuner install and tune my car, was just curious on what to expect -- any feedback on Haltech would be great and if it's as "awesome" as tuners been saying it is in my area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for responding! Do you keep the stock ECU in the car to control the gauges, AC, or PS? Does the harness come with instructions or a diagram at all? I’m really curious because I can only find very generic info online.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for responding! Do you keep the stock ECU in the car to control the gauges, AC, or PS? Does the harness come with instructions or a diagram at all? I’m really curious because I can only find very generic info online.
It’s a standalone, and it has the diagram for all the pins.

As for gauges, only one that doesn’t read is coolant temp. But you can purchase the Haltech CAN gauge to show it or have your laptop plugged in to read it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s a standalone, and it has the diagram for all the pins.

As for gauges, only one that doesn’t read is coolant temp. But you can purchase the Haltech CAN gauge to show it or have your laptop plugged in to read it.
Did you get the one for the spyder with the 1zz (BF25056) or the one for the celica with the 2zz (BF25138)? Again, I can't find any info online on what the differences are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts