MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this emblem like 3/4 inch tall by 5 inch wide........that reads "Handling by Lotus" I think it orignianlly was from an Isuzu.

But with my Lotus eingine, tranny, swap....even the engine is the same as a celiica and all...I would like to acknowlege where the power from my car is from... it has newer shiny black paint and I think this emblem by ok on the rear bumper area.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Problem is that your engine has little to nothing to do with handling...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Last thing I'd want to do is confuse people more about what the car is. Makes for akward conversations when people aproach you to talk about it.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
Last thing I'd want to do is confuse people more about what the car is. Makes for akward conversations when people aproach you to talk about it.
I think it makes for great conversation! When I am out, most conversation start with: "What kind of car is that?" It is like having an unusual book on the coffee table to spur discussion.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think it makes for great conversation! When I am out, most conversation start with: "What kind of car is that?" It is like having an unusual book on the coffee table to spur discussion.
I'm more fed up with dumb questions like "how fast can it go" and "what's the top speed on that thing". People think velocity = acceleration.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
Didn't Lotus engineer Roger Backer involved on the design of MR2's suspension and Handling....?

Everyone who drives This car could slap that "Handling By Lotus" Emblem on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljUf_Vw19uA
Cool video. First time I have seen that one. Now I want a Lotus badge for mine!

Roger Becker begat the MKI which begat the MK2 which begat the MK3 aka Lotus designed the Spyder!

Seems perfectly logical to my twisted sense of logic.

I say if the man wants to put a "Handling by Lotus" badge on his car then he should do it.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
wow

"handling by lotus"

well, if anyone want more of such emblem, 'em pretty sure it's easy to find it here (malaysia)

it's on almost every proton cars sans 2004/05 onwards. (notably proton satria etc) ^_^

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.