MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for help sourcing a tool from harbour freight. Unfortunately I think this tool is being slowly phased out and I would like to get two of them before they are gone. The issue is I am in Canada and they won’t ship and the people I know in the states have checked their HF stores and they are all out. So I turn to this community in the off chance someone may be able to help out.

The tool I am looking for is below, it looks like a goofy ratchet but it is actually super useful.

I had the Canadian brand before from our similar princess auto store, one I broke the gear in by using a cheater pipe, the other one I mistakenly left on my crank pulley and broke the flex head lock and direction switch though it still works Sort of. My buddy years ago saw them in HF and bought me two more but when I rented a shop with some guys for years, after when we were finishing up the rental the ratchets “disappeared “.

Let me know please if you are willing to help, send me a message and we can figure it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, a little bit of me died when they went missing. The issue is the other guys are all friends and we all had them. So when I asked everyone just said they still only had theirs…

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
So there are basically none of these from Los Angeles to Hollywood. Closest one is in Kern County, CA.

Have you thought about getting the tool it is based off of? VIM HBR1046

The VIM version is $55 to $65 on US Amazon.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The Decatur IL store has them in stock, and the Castleton IN store will have them in stock soon, both according to the HF website.
If you're interested...

Reactions: evilthorne

·
Registered
2002 MR2, 2020 Civic Si
36 Posts
If anyone is near Montgomery or Troy, AL, they have some there. There's also "limited stock" at a store in New Orleans. HOWEVER, my local store says "in stock soon." I'll check until this thread says you have one. Or enough. Hell, you may have sold me on one :) But you've got dibs on the first one.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
evilthorne, are you interested?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Says back in stock soon in my area. Current closest is 115 miles away. Will keep an eye out for them, they do look useful. If they come in stock in my area I am willing to purchase several and ship out to whoever at cost.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Looks like they have em within 20 mins of me in LA as well. If you don't have someone grabbing you one send me a PM & we'll get you sorted out

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
The secret is out now and my interest is piqued. I think I need to snag me one of these to see what it is all about.

Is this tool supposed to replace a set of thin/long aircraft wrenches or something? Or is it just nice to have 2 different sockets on one wrench at a time?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, I am looking for help sourcing a tool from harbour freight. Unfortunately I think this tool is being slowly phased out and I would like to get two of them before they are gone. The issue is I am in Canada and they won’t ship and the people I know in the states have checked their HF stores and they are all out. So I turn to this community in the off chance someone may be able to help out.

The tool I am looking for is below, it looks like a goofy ratchet but it is actually super useful.

I had the Canadian brand before from our similar princess auto store, one I broke the gear in by using a cheater pipe, the other one I mistakenly left on my crank pulley and broke the flex head lock and direction switch though it still works Sort of. My buddy years ago saw them in HF and bought me two more but when I rented a shop with some guys for years, after when we were finishing up the rental the ratchets “disappeared “.

Let me know please if you are willing to help, send me a message and we can figure it out.

Thanks
I have a few Harbor Freight near me one is about 15 minutes away. I can take a look for you.

·
Registered
'03 MR2 5sp - Solar Yellow
32 Posts
Apparently available in-store only, and according to website nothing near me. Closest is 3hrs away in Albany, NY if you can find someone near there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts