MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,859 Posts
It would be nice to see some actual pictures of the hard top in good light. It looks like these pictures were meant to show the spoiler install.

·
Registered
23,076 Posts
Seriously, don't think I've seen anything so hideously fugly since Aliens.

Don't try to fight it. Ugly use to be the old rich and now it's the new rich.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Reminds me of the Tom's. Is it functional in terms of airflow?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Just because you can, doesn't mean...(you can see where this is going)
:confused:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I wonder how much the whole thing weighs, and yes it does remind me also of the batmobile!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Found this again. Wasn't there a discussion about this car's hardtop a few years ago?

The piece was made by Trial

This is interesting

Wtf's this

·
Registered
217 Posts
i think its a bit like the lotus design, especially with the way it uses that top vent to feed air to the top mounted intercooler. I don't mind it though, especially on the black car. It needs the more agressive wide body kit that the car has to suit, on a stock body it would look more out of place. I think it could look a bit cleaner and less "out there" just by removing those angled side intakes.

Seems like its another item made by trial that they havent bothered to put on their website. They seem to have so many little gem's that are hard to get info about... like their supercharger kit and the "3zz" engine they do.

I like the supra light conversion, its clearly not finished and needs to be rounded out more, but i think the long lights suit the wide body, compared to some of the odd angles you end up with around the stock tail lights where they try to blend them into a wide body.

Changing the headlights or tail lights to another car model on a wide body mr2 just adds to the fun of trying to make people guess what car you are driving :lol:

·
Registered
782 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts