MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just wanted to get it for the OBD2 scanner cuz i just popped up a CEL and am thinking about investing into a scanner tool. and i found this haha. i get to scan my codes, get my mpg, how many more miles i go left on the tank, engine temp, coolant temp, etc. it has so many features! and its only plug and play so i can put it in any car

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
I really like it for the price. I owned the scangauge2 and it was lower tech compared to this however I got it to fit where the clock use to be and it worked great for monitoring certain things.

What I would do if I were you is purchase the display shroud that replaces the chubby hole on top and mount this device to give it a clean look and I think it will serve you well.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Recently picked up a cheap OBDII-bluetooth reader, and run the Torque app. My total investment was about $28, and it's awesome.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Recently picked up a cheap OBDII-bluetooth reader, and run the Torque app. My total investment was about $28, and it's awesome.
I have done the same and also downloaded the Track Recorder add on and is a really nifty app for under 30$, I spent more (35$) cause I went and bought the actual phone mount for my setup. Works perfect at pulling codes and clearing them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Will this thing pull live in-depth info i.e. fuel trims? Seems like a no-brainer if so!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
It does look like a nice useful gadget. That said, my 1ZZ is completely stock (except for TRD header), so I probably wouldn't have too much use for it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It does look like a nice useful gadget. That said, my 1ZZ is completely stock (except for TRD header), so I probably wouldn't have too much use for it.
I wouldn't say that, doc. I've gotten a ton of use and knowledge from my scangauge, and I am more stock than you.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well guys i just bought this UltraGauge. and damn! its amazing! only thing i had to do was disconnect one of the wire/pins from the OBD2 reader on the cars. it was the green wire with red stripe which was causing my ABS light to flash. other than that. this thing is great. shows me everything that i wanted. coolant temp/ air intake temp/ engine load/ instant MPG/ avg. MPG/ and many more. i love this thing and the windshield mount that it came with. ill post a video up soon of this thing and some pictures.

Heres the link to the wire i disconnected.
http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=36484

·
Registered
360 Posts
well guys i just bought this UltraGauge. and damn! its amazing! only thing i had to do was disconnect one of the wire/pins from the OBD2 reader on the cars. it was the green wire with red stripe which was causing my ABS light to flash. other than that. this thing is great. shows me everything that i wanted. coolant temp/ air intake temp/ engine load/ instant MPG/ avg. MPG/ and many more. i love this thing and the windshield mount that it came with. ill post a video up soon of this thing and some pictures.

Heres the link to the wire i disconnected.
http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=36484
We are waiting :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought an Ultragauge in December and use it to monitor engine temperature and fuel consumption.
It works very well.

To avoid the blinking ABS light I bent pins 6 and 14 in the Ultragauge connector to the side, so they currently do not connect to the car.
I decided not to use the window mount, trying to put it lower. For this I created a bracket out of a piece of aluminium. The bracket slides in the slot below the ashtray. See the pictures below.

My home-made bracket:

Kees

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are waiting :)
sorry for the wait... school just started for me and couldnt fit time this week :(

but heres the pictures of the gauge and where i mounted it

i mainly use this gauge for the intake temp (just got a intake), coolant temp and the MAF and engine load. the MPG thing for our car isnt accurate enough so i dont even touch that anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would it be possible to fit a switch to turn power on/off to the ultragauge? I''d fancy fitting this into the dash permanently some where but wouldnt want the battery drained... unless it goes off when the engine goes off... ????

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would it be possible to fit a switch to turn power on/off to the ultragauge? I''d fancy fitting this into the dash permanently some where but wouldnt want the battery drained... unless it goes off when the engine goes off... ????
It automatically turns off and on when u turn the key to the "on" position

1 - 20 of 21 Posts