MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a few bolts missing from my header brackets. They are Ebay headers, but I assume the brackets are stock.

They are slightly different, and there are 2 holes in the engine and 2 holes on the header that bolts go through the bracket and into the hole. I have 2 bolts, 1 from each side, the top bolt is the left (when looking at the back of the car) side, header bolt and the bottom bolt is the right side engine bolt. Neither fit on the other's side, so I don't even have 1 functional bracket (hence cracked headers which I am going to replace ASAP). Are the holes really 4 different sizes on the stock exhaust manifold/engine? Does anyone know what sizes of bolts I am missing or can I call or risk the drive to the Toyota dealer (a lot further away than Lowes). Is there any chance my headers will crack in half and fall off completely? (the crack is right after the 4 - 2 join, above these brackets). Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/kbranch4/100_0505.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/kbranch4/100_0507.jpg

Car is hibernating, on jackstands and diaper was removed. I have a stock exhaust manifold and the brackets don't look like your's (if we're talking about the same ones) I'm missing a bolt too. Took pics, hope this helps you out!
Thanks for the reply! I just called Toyota and it is as I expected, the difference in the brackets is a difference in model year. I assume you have an 03+? I ordered all (4 for me) the bolts and will pick them up on Tuesday. In the mean time, I went to Lowes and got a nut and bolt to put through the right side where I already have the engine bracket bolt so I have at least 1 support until then.

·
Registered
782 Posts

Yea, I've got a 2003. Did not know about the difference in model years for this. Glad you got this sorted out.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If you try to order the older stamped metal ones with the single bolt to the block, they supersede (a couple times) to the later cast brackets with 2 bolts each to the block. The later ones are much stronger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts