1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sick.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Don't forget to post pics of the finished project, good luck!!! Should look really good.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
quite a challenge...
Not really,
1) Crack open the cover

3)Fill large hole with a crapload of bondo, sand, and paint

3)Install projector in small light hole

4) Glue down cover

5)Celebrate the fact you now have a spyder with projector lights

·
Registered
553 Posts
They are pretty good. I like the output. If you go over to hidplanet there are a few converted pics. Not s2k or tsx sharp but good enough for me. And I like the gatlin gun look.

Btw if anyone is interested in retrofitting HID projectors but are trying to keep it simple, google Morimoto Projector retrofits. After you crack open the headlights it's pretty much a plug and play affair.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not really,
1) Crack open the cover

3)Fill large hole with a crapload of bondo, sand, and paint

3)Install projector in small light hole

4) Glue down cover

5)Celebrate the fact you now have a spyder with projector lights
The challenge is,the 03+ headlight got the projector at the corner already, it means the main reflector bow is smaller than the 00 one. so this projector may not fit. furthermore,this Q45 like projector will locate at the main reflector bow which used for high beam. i have to make it work as low beam. the original corner projector will make it work as high beam.

and....the projector I've bought which light up by seven P7 LED. I'm worrying it may not be bright enough for the usuage of low beam. if my guessing correct, then i have to swap the original corner projector to a high/low beam switchable mechanism too....thats why i said its challenging

·
Registered
553 Posts
The challenge is,the 03+ headlight got the projector at the corner already, it means the main reflector bow is smaller than the 00 one. so this projector may not fit. furthermore,this Q45 like projector will locate at the main reflector bow which used for high beam. i have to make it work as low beam. the original corner projector will make it work as high beam.

and....the projector I've bought which light up by seven P7 LED. I'm worrying it may not be bright enough for the usuage of low beam. if my guessing correct, then i have to swap the original corner projector to a high/low beam switchable mechanism too....thats why i said its challenging
Easy actually. Crack open the stock projector. Remove cut off plate. Now it will be considered a high beam. Remove stock high beam wires and transplant them to your projector.

Add the Q45 projectors in the low beam area. Wire it up.

Wam bam you have high and low.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Easy actually. Crack open the stock projector. Remove cut off plate. Now it will be considered a high beam. Remove stock high beam wires and transplant them to your projector.

Add the Q45 projectors in the low beam area. Wire it up.

Wam bam you have high and low.
Some update. Thats just the basic layout. Still lots of work to finish

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Not to offend in any way but IMO It looks better on the 00-02 headlights.It looks like it's blocking the upper projector a little.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not to offend in any way but IMO It looks better on the 00-02 headlights.It looks like it's blocking the upper projector a little.
Yes, it did blocked the corner projector a little bit...But the corner projector will work as High Beam so the blockage shouldnt affect too much. And i will add the new style of angle eye at the large projector to blur out the blockage a bit..

For the 00-02 yes it is the best choice for the retrofit.. But i just want to do something new..it is so difficult...and i have ruined one housing cover already...:(

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi ae83ted,
Where did you get the new style angle eye ? Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts