MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honestly one of the better fake Ferraris I've seen. It's clearly too small and the wheels look bad, but I would have a hard time passing it up for that price

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I think it could look OK with the right period specific wheels, lowered a bit, and top down windows down.

I don't think it willl ever look good with a hardtop though. I think this type of kit would look better on a 2nd gen MR2. The Spyder just isn't long enough to pull it off. Lowering will help elongate the the car.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somebody went to a lot of effort to make all the body panels line up without unsightly gaps. There is someone else who has been working on one of these kits for about two years now, still at the stage of filling and sanding and filling and sanding and filling and sanding after two years. It's too bad that the proportions just look wrong - like a Modena in a funhouse mirror in a Fellini movie. To my eye the Modena is one of the most beautiful cars ever to roll off a factory floor. This ain't no Jack Kennedy, Senator. .

·
Registered
480 Posts
I kinda like it. From certain angles it looks great. From other angles, not so much. For want of a better word, it looks truncated. Sorta of like the Miata RF. If I lived in Hawaii, I'd buy it, remove the stupid Ferrari emblems/stickers and the prancing horse. Replace the wheels with some better looking 16 / 17 staggered wheels, lower it appropriately and put in a nice set of Recaros. Then I'd take it to MerryFrankster and say, please put in a 2GR-FE and an appropriate manual transmission. And when I smoke people and they ask me what it is, I tell them it's a new 2023 MR2 Prototype. Ha ha,.

·
Registered
782 Posts
This is definitely a better quality kit / work than any kit I’ve seen. Ferrari seats? They look as cheesy as the prancing stickers. I’d buy it and do as has been said - lower, new wheels, remove stickers, change seats, 2GR, and drive it.

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Buy it and put it out of its misery. Then buy the car and junk it.
Don't know what to make of this "appearannce modifcation." [actually I do. The wheel size and the ride height are completely incorrect, other than that, it needs a new drivetrain, and it should be fine]

View attachment 90666
View attachment 90673
View attachment 90672
View attachment 90670
View attachment 90674
View attachment 90668
View attachment 90669
View attachment 90671
View attachment 90667
View attachment 90665
d

1 - 20 of 20 Posts