MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellow Spyderchat gurus I’m needing some information here. I’ve taken off my exhaust manifold on my 2005 to get rid of the pre-cats( they both look pristine). I’ve also removed the cat because I want to send them both to Jet Hot for ceramic coating. My question is about the heat shield grommets. They look to be stainless mesh. I’d like to get at least the top shield polished but I’m not sure where I can find replacements. Anyone with any ideal where to them?
Thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm confused about these grommets... I recently painted my header heat shield and replaced the bolts - they have flanges on the bolts themselves, but there weren't any washers or grommets.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
The heat shield washers / insulators appear to be part of the heat shield assembly. There is no separate part number and probably finding an alternative will be difficult. You can search for "knitted wire mesh washers" and find some hits, but most companies sell in bulk

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just put them up against a wire wheel on my bench grinder until they were clean and shiny. Primed, painted, done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts