MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new on spyder chat and wanted to say hi. I currently drive a 2010 corolla S and would be replacing my wife's tc with a spyder. I have a lot of research ahead and appreciate any help I receive from everyone

Here is a pic of my corolla.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yay! A photographer! I *just* sold my red-corolla-family-member. Good cars, it had 275K and was trouble free...only did the cv's a few times and brakes and timing belts.... wear parts and maint. in my opinion. GOOD cars.

TC is ok, but spyder is much better (again, opinion) but for many reasons. I suspect you will be happy. I am looking forward to photos etc. You will find loads of great info previously posted on this board... people here tend to be excellent resources as well. The spyder just might be the apex of a reliable and cost effective sports car! It is a head turner.

Welcome!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hello from Canda, you'll definately like the spyder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys!

Who all is in Portland. I'd like to meet up with some guys. I have never driven a spyder or even say in one! I'm 6'3 so not sure how I would fit.

Hoping to meet some cool people an study up

Thank again for the warm welcome

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hey I'm in Portland, just moved to the city, the only event I've been to so far was a Cars and Coffee but it was a lot of fun and everyone was very friendly, highly recomend it. If you see a noisy white spyder with black wheels its probably my 2zz swapper :D.

I'm down to meet up any time you'd like to check out my car but its a bit modified so its got aftermarket seats, the 2zz swap with the 6 speed, coilover suspension, exhaust, etc. Fun as hell though, turns heads, and still gets awesome MPG.

-Spargo

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey thanks guys!

Who all is in Portland. I'd like to meet up with some guys. I have never driven a spyder or even say in one! I'm 6'3 so not sure how I would fit.

Hoping to meet some cool people an study up

Thank again for the warm welcome
I'm up for a meet/drive weather and work permitting.

There are more than a couple 6'+ owners, so I think you'll fit. I'm 5'11" and have more than enough room, laterally and longitudinally. My greatest difficulty is getting out. Though the degree-of-difficulty with that doesn't even approach Lotus standards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya I can imagine! What are you guys doing Saturday. Woul be fun to hangout. Wife is out of town so I be free. Ideally wanna clean my corolla and go take some pictures. Just need to find a photographer.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you want to hang out with a bunch of mr2's from all gens I have three suggestions.

2 the Beach 2012 ten year aniversary this year!!!!
Ocean Shores, WA September

"Medford" name and location of said South Oregon meet, I think it also goes by another name also. You get track time at this one.
August

Toyota Fest all things Toyota, this one is located at Griot's Garage's Main office in Tacoma WA over 100 Toyota's all shapes and forms.
??? Date never stays the same.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Welcome! Did a roadtrip to Oregon a few years back. Down the coast as far as Bandon, and back up via the I-5. Some beautiful country.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Welcome, Ilikebass.

Just would like to say I'm a big fan of drum and bass myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya Oregon is beautiful! Thanks for the info in the meets. Will have to check that out.

And yeah. I slapa da bass mon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ALSO went to an FRS event in Portland the other day. Made a friend who happens to own a lotus Exige! Such a pretty car. Handling is nuts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts