MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I'm not going to see much of difference in HP from any of them, so that's not one of my criteria for getting one. And I know that generally the lighter/smaller it is, the louder, but what I'm looking for:

1) Fits PPE setup
2) Light (if you could list weight that would be great - titanium would be nice but I'm sure ridiculously pricey - so SS will have to do)
3) Quiet (I like the sound of the PPE header/cat with stock muffler, so not looking for much change)

And before anyone rips on me for not searching...I did. I checked out the sticky for performance parts but most of the links are broken.

Also, I did see from one post that the SS TM single is 15 lbs. This is probably my best bet, but I have read that it's kind of loud.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a kakimoto from japan I'm selling cause it was too quiet for me. All stainless.

·
Registered
23,067 Posts
PPE with TM sounds terrible.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chuck, do you know how much it weighs?

Anyone know how it sounds with PPE?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I bought a megan exhaust to run with my PPE header and down pipe. It's stainless, cheap and fit better than expected. After 20k miles I couldnt be happier with a it. It sounds almost isimilar to the TRD exhaust just a little louder but that may because I dont run a cat. I never ran duals because I have a trd rear lip and the lip is designed for a single exit exhaust on the drivers side. I didnt want to hack the lip to fit duals like I've seen several times in the past so I just stayed away. I see a lot of folks on here using dual setup and they seem to be happy with it though.

·
Registered
23,067 Posts
Never mind. The PPE sounds ok with everything else except the TM.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It weighs about half as much as stock and a few lbs lighter than the erz I had before it.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I went custom with a Borla transverse dual. Very sweet sounding exhaust. Not too loud, no annoying drone and definitely lighter than stock. And it was pretty inexpensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts