MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I have been trying to find a short antenna to put on my Spyder but have been unable to do so. From the postings here I see that a lot of people have the LT short antenna but I can't find any for sale. On eBay there are listings for the short antennas but the ads state they're not made to replace a power antenna.

Can anyone provide information on where I can get an antenna?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Thank you so much. Do I need to buy the one with the conversion kit?
If you have a power antenna I would recommend it. Otherwise, just the antenna will be fine.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thank you so much. Do I need to buy the one with the conversion kit?
I bought the kit from takuban motorsports (I believe he is out of kits at the moment), It's a complete conversion kit. All the parts except for the antenna itself are oem toyota parts. Installation is pretty easy, you have to remove the the rear wheel inner plastic and the rear passenger side baggage flooring (to swap wire connectors). I'm pretty sure you need the kit.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, I was able to purchase the LT Short antenna, but after watching the web site the conversion kit has not been in stock, so the local Rogers Stereo will put the antenna on for me. I have a few other things that I'm having done to the car and I can't wait to post in the "what have you done to your car today" thread. She should be fully ready to go in about two weeks. :)

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
You only need the conversion kit if you had the power attenae, otherwise just the attenae.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You only need the conversion kit if you had the power attenae, otherwise just the attenae.
It's a power antenna. I was going to keep it but I had an incident when using the 3-minute car wash that bent it. My fault, I should've put it down. But any who, it's getting replaced so I am happy.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Sorry, I just saw this thread.

If you have the electric antenna, then you definitely need the conversion kit. I have them in stock and ready to ship out right now. The kit comes with printed instructions with pictures and the install is not too difficult.

PM me if you have any questions. I am not on the forum too often, but I get email notifications for new PMs.

Thanks for you interest in my antenna. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PM sent.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My car looks so cute with the new antenna. Whose smiling? This girl is! :D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Save the old antenna for when you go fishing.
Lol! I don't even know what they did with that old antenna. It was about to snap off at the bottom and looked a bit dangerous. I'm glad it's gone. I guess I could have thrown it into a lake but I don't want to add to pollution. :lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Look at your pinky, about that tall unless you have Andre the Giant hands^_^
So it's a 3" one... hmmm ok sounds good.

Hey do you have a picture of your transmission linkage or whatever it is called? where the shifter cables attach at the transmission side? Thanks.

Short shifter comes in today I'm excited but once I'm in there want to see if I can look at the rest of what I'm going to have to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts