MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Yellow 2002 Spyder
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone with easy access to their Spyder please tell me the clearance between

(a) the end of the crank pulley and the wheel well sheet metal and
(b) the corner of the valve cover and the strut tower?

I'm currently working on development of an engine swap, but sadly I am about 3000 miles from my Spyder right now because I'm in Seattle for the winter to work.
Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry, mine is not with me either (in shop for a swap). But when I was pulling 1zz, I remember it was about inch and a half I guess, maybe two--- basically hand can get there but not much more. I do wonder what engine you planning to drop in there??, must be something never done before right?

come on people, give some numbers pls

·
Registered
Yellow 2002 Spyder
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, mine is not with me either (in shop for a swap). But when I was pulling 1zz, I remember it was about inch and a half I guess, maybe two--- basically hand can get there but not much more. I do wonder what engine you planning to drop in there??, must be something never done before right?

come on people, give some numbers pls
That's about what I remember it being too- thanks for the second opinion. I've spent the last month or so mocking up a Ford Ecoboost 2.0L swap in Solidworks, and I have most of the mechanics of the swap sorted- custom flywheel, adapter plate, exhaust, etc; I just need to wait until I'm with my car again to get the modeling for engine mounts done. Working with the little spare time I have, I'm shooting for a completion date sometime in spring 2022, complete with drawings to make a swap kit.

Reactions: 03MRS
1 - 3 of 3 Posts