MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help Lost original/ all master keys on my 2002.
Dealer made me a new one from my vin# etc. 130 $ later and 2 trys we got a key that cranks.. but won't start the car. THE NEW IMMOBILIZER RESET FEATURE THAT ALLOWS THE REGISTRATION OF A NEW MASTER KEY EVEN IF ALL ORIGINAL MASTER KEYS ARE LOST came up on a search.. w/ little or no info Thanks,/ i think i got the wrong blank maybe../or something. Any suggestions appreciate it :unsure:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Here is a Service that will re-program your ECU, and Give it back to you..

http://qcwo.com/otherdeal/Services/2...gramming-Reset

This is for the Corolla, same as the Spyder..

Unless you want to tow your car to the Dealer, and have them do it, you will have to remove the ECU from Behind the Cubby, behind the Left hand Seat..

It's a Pain to remove..

Usually the Dealer will charge you 150 to fix it..

Cap

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Pretty sure he just needs to program the new key using the steps in the link above...I got a blank and had it made, all I needed to do was open the doors, turn the keys, and hit the hand brake a few times.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I posted this on another thread:

When I bought the car, it only came with a valet key (unbeknownst to me). Anyway, I ordered a new key blank and had it cut. I tried the programming instructions in the library and they did not work (I am assuming because I had no master to start with). They ended up having to follow TSB SS003-01. Link to the TSB is here. What a production! Cost was just under $150, but the person who sold me the car paid for it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I don't know where you are located but here in Kansas City I've found a locksmith that will reflash the ECU and register the keys for $75.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't know where you are located but here in Kansas City I've found a locksmith that will reflash the ECU and register the keys for $75.
having lived in KC for a couple years, i can say EVERYTHING is more expensive in pittsburgh. there is no good BBQ here either :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same problem...well sort of

I bought a donor car for the engine and trans. Did the full swap from the old motor and smt ot new motor and manual trans. swapped the engine wiring and ecu. The car cranks but no spark. The donor car i got was a wreck and had no keys at all. What do I need to do ??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought a donor car for the engine and trans. Did the full swap from the old motor and smt ot new motor and manual trans. swapped the engine wiring and ecu. The car cranks but no spark. The donor car i got was a wreck and had no keys at all. What do I need to do ??? Any help is greatly appreciated.
my car would crank when i attempted to program the keys myself using the gas/brake dance outlined in the library. it would not start. you are probably going to have to do what i did: have someone reprogram the ecu to match your keys. try the dance thing 1st. some have had success with it. the thread for the dance is here:

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?1245-How-to-program-an-extra-ignition-key-(updated)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You'll need either the key from the donor car, which is matched to it's ECU, cut to fit your car (or swap all locks). Or you need to get your key registered to the donor ECU.

Why did you swap the ECU?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.