MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across a deal I couldn't turn down, a pair of 949 Racing 6UL wheels, 17x8 +45mm. AT 14.8lbs, I really wanna use them but I'm trying to find pics of this size and offset on the front or back of a Spyder. Can anyone help?

If this would fit best on the back, I'd want 16x7 front (can't find a similar look in this size).
If it fits the front best, I'd look for 17x9 rear (4x100 or 5x100, already converted, 45mm offset--closest I found is Konig Ampliform).

I'm looking for pics of this size (17x8 45et) on front or back, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
01 Spyder
216 Posts
The offset isn’t ideal, a bit too high. You could run a spacer to get it around +35, which shouldn’t give you any running issues assuming you’re planning reasonable sized tires. They’re better for the rear.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll test fit wheel only to the front and back and see how it fits.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what the fitment is like:

Front Inside

Front Outside

Rear Inside

Rear Outside

Profile View

Rear looks good. I'm thinking when the front suspension is compressed, the top of the wheel will camber inward and possibly make contact with the suspension :unsure:

·
Registered
536 Posts
17x8 in the back and 16x7 in the front lends itself to nearly stock dynamics and has some good choices for tire sizes. If you run them in the front you’ll want spacers and 18x9s in the back will probably poke out a bit from fenders.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't find 16x7 at all, but did find a pair of 17x8 with 40mm offset, 5x100 pattern, same titanium color. I'm going to run 215/45/17 Front, 235/40/17 Rear. I'll prob use these on the blue car, which ruins my color scheme but gives me lightweight wheels for the track car.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you really wanted to blow some cash and have super light forged wheels for track, you could do Volk ZE40, 16x7 +36 in front and 17x8 +35 in back. Bronze would look nice with the blue. Exchange rate with Yen is pretty good still…

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you really wanted to blow some cash and have super light forged wheels for track, you could do Volk ZE40, 16x7 +36 in front and 17x8 +35 in back. Bronze would look nice with the blue. Exchange rate with Yen is pretty good still…
Turbo build (reliable turbo, intercooler core/piping, exhaust) and kpro v4 ruins those plans. I won't worry much about wheel weight after I get turbo power to weight ratio in a DD.

Reactions: sacklunch

·
Registered
01 Spyder
216 Posts
Turbo build (reliable turbo, intercooler core/piping, exhaust) and kpro v4 ruins those plans. I won't worry much about wheel weight after I get turbo power to weight ratio in a DD.
Let me know if you want to sell your current exhaust/header setup. Well, assuming it doesn’t hang super low. I’ve got PPE and looking for something higher up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me practice my welds lol, if I get good enough I'll fab a new setup and let this go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts