MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a knocking noise coming from the rear right of the car. I removed the wheel and wiggled everything and I think I've isolated it to the toe arm ball joint. It's kinda hard to tell, there's no obvious wiggling, but I can tell there's some movement in the toe arm when the entire hub is wiggled real hard. The knocking noise only happens on HARD acceleration and deceleration, it's not constant. Here's a video I took.

I know the reputation Godspeed has. It's not great. I mean, not like their stuff breaks or anything, but it's not designed particularly great. It's cheap.

However, their rear toe arms (Godspeed 2pc Rear Toe Control Arm *Ball Joint* for Toyota MRS MR2 Spyder 00-06 | eBay) look to be fairly well made. The joints are nicely sealed unlike the Battle Version arms. I'm wondering if anyone has tried them or if they're worth a shot.

I'd like to replace both arms while I'm there so that's why I'm considering aftermarket arms, since the stock arms are $140 a piece.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I also have a pop while accelerating sometimes.

Will send it to the dealership to inspect rear suspension and wheel components.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good call SDSUsnowbards. I should do a full check on my car more often to be honest. But it's definitely on the rear toe arm, this knocking.

After reading reviews of Godspeed products, I can't buy them. Bought Battle Version arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts