MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry ican write english little bit
my spyder is 2000 smt 5 speed transmission. i converted smt to mt its work turn on my engine but t-body is not 100%work i see smt t body change mt t body but i use my smt ecu is it work smt ecu for mt tbody? i dont have mt ecu mt wiring

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You have to use the MT ECU. The SMT ECU won't run without the SMT attached to it.

You also have to use the MT throttle body, and you have to get the connector that fits it and splice it into the existing wiring. There is more information about this written here already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to use the MT ECU. The SMT ECU won't run without the SMT attached to it.

You also have to use the MT throttle body, and you have to get the connector that fits it and splice it into the existing wiring. There is more information about this written here already.
thank u dear rmiller do u can give me the forum links

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Yes really thanks to dear rmiller. You can find some details comparing the smt and m/t ecu wiring in this link from the library but I really encourage you to go and buy a M/T harness instead of re-wiring your SMT harness, they are very cheap and there is less chance to screw it up. :

1 - 5 of 5 Posts