MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys recently purchased a set of High and Low H4 Hid 6Ks
i was running just low beems for a long time but then one went out. so i bought high and lows. but they came with this long positve and negative wire that connectsd both bulbs together

i need help mounting it, does it need another power source?
the other hids just plugged right into the ballast and the ballast went right into the oem bulb spot.

i have it setup like that, and i can hear power going into it but no lights.

does anyone know how to install these!?

please help or send me a link,.

these are what i have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Slim-High-and-Low-H-L-HID-kit-H4-6000K-Bi-Xenon-Headlight-/180787136279?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:MR2+Spyder&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a17c0c717

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had to run a power wire from my battery for mine, and just grounded it some where up front.

·
Registered
977 Posts
yes thats for the solenoid to change the angle of the bulbs ( or move that shield around the bulb, depending on the type you got) when you switch from high or low.

As mentioned above, it goes to battery + and then you can just ground the other wire

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got my lows to work fine, just the highs turn off when i hit the switch. idk why?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

You can look at the left side of the Frunk and see this relay fuse for the headlights and either fuse tap one of the fuses or pull it up and direct tap the wire, either way it gets power directly from the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts