MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my spyder I've had intermittent P030x codes. The previous owners had them as well and mentioned they couldn't find the problem but never noticed any problem with performance or fuel economy.

I haven't really noticed any performance problems but I would like to get the light off for good if possible. I've noticed a hissing sound from somewhere behind the engine and I'm wondering if they might be related. The noise is most noticeable when shutting the car off.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe I have an aftermarket intake. I'll get some pictures taken, but I'm all but certain the airbox is stock, which I would think means the whole thing is.

I'll try the spark plugs and BG 44K. What is BG 44K btw?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I, too, have used BG 44K and it worked great. I get mine at Auto Plus.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Check for a vac leak or other emissions related hose that might be leaking, loose or broken. Sometimes when those hoses get old the elbows like to deform also. If it is hissing after the car is turned off then you are likely hearing engine vac noise.

Since checking hoses is free you might want to start there. I've used the 44K from BG and recommend it either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts